Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been a while since we had an actual coaching search. How do these work again ? Which chimney do we watch for the white smoke ? Who is on flight tracker duty ?

Comment

• Sampson or Turgeon. If you had to pick?

I’m a sap, I would kind of like turgeon. But I understand why everyone else seems to hate that idea.

Comment

• I hope we turn down Turgeon and tell him “not at this level”.

Just kidding.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGirl View Post
          I hope we turn down Turgeon and tell him “not at this level”.

God***n right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            It's been a while since we had an actual coaching search. How do these work again ? Which chimney do we watch for the white smoke ? Who is on flight tracker duty ?
            Just read your thread with Lutz. Lol. Pretty darn weird. Was he drunk?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

You could say that exact bolded quote about HCIB though.
              Sure, you could say that. But do you think Brown being a mediocre basketball coach really has anything to do with how Sampson would do because they have that in common? Sampson also grew up with an elite coach for a father, is an associate head coach/coach in waiting which has been a reasonable criticism that Brown lacked prior to taking over.

I'm not sold enough to say he's my number 1 candidate as I'd still prefer Chris Mack, but don't let Isaac Brown be the argument against hiring Kellen Sampson. From what Ive heard from Kellen, he seems much more adept to the more public facing aspects that are required of a head coach at this level.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Just read your thread with Lutz. Lol. Pretty darn weird. Was he drunk?
                Drunk on his stupidity...

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan34 View Post

Sure, you could say that. But do you think Brown being a mediocre basketball coach really has anything to do with how Sampson would do because they have that in common? Sampson also grew up with an elite coach for a father, is an associate head coach/coach in waiting which has been a reasonable criticism that Brown lacked prior to taking over.

I'm not sold enough to say he's my number 1 candidate as I'd still prefer Chris Mack, but don't let Isaac Brown be the argument against hiring Kellen Sampson. From what Ive heard from Kellen, he seems much more adept to the more public facing aspects that are required of a head coach at this level.
                  Careful. "At this level" is a trigger for some on this forum. Even YEARS later! LMAO ;)
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I like the idea of Griffin, but unfortunately I don’t think we can afford to take a risk with two coaches on buyouts and the program reputation at stake.

Comment

• Hire someone that has some experience as a head coach in building a winning college basketball program.

That’s really my #1 preference.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
                        I like the idea of Griffin, but unfortunately I don’t think we can afford to take a risk with two coaches on buyouts and the program reputation at stake.
                        MT with AG as AHC.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Where's the Steve Eck posts? :)

Comment

• I hope the new coach brings back the tradition of wearing a suit.

I know some think its silly, but to me its a signal of professionalism, leadership, and respect.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by BenWSU View Post
                              Where's the Steve Eck posts? :)
                              Not sure. Kaupan is a good gig. Wasn’t there someone from Celtics we used to post about?

Comment

• nm

Comment

Working...
                                X