Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You mean agreements and contracts can be amended?!?!

I kid ;)
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

If Sampson Sr. retired after this season, Houston would probably hire Kelvin.
      Kellen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

That Separation Agreement can be amended with the mutual written consent of the parties.
        It could. But you would have to ask yourself if we voided it, would Marshall want back pay + his old salary back ? Would his ego let him accept less if we came crawling back?

Also, would him becoming a state employee again force WSU to release the investigation result ? I'm guessing yes.

Also, say Marshall gets accused again of physical abuse, how much liability would WSU now have in that case after rehiring someone you fired for allegations of physical abuse (and sealed the investigation results in the process)

Way too many downsides. If we are gonna throw money at some like that... Let's do it at Jans. Doesn't come with the same baggage.

Comment

• For the last time, Marshall is not coming back. Period. To even suggest it at this point is so incredibly naive, for reasons that have been explained ad nauseam.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Took the bait, stop telling people what to think.

Doc stated months ago it wasn’t happening, I do accept that from him, not from the hater class.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
              Took the bait, stop telling people what to think.

Doc stated months ago it wasn’t happening, I do accept that from him, not from the hater class.
              Living in reality doesn't make you a hater

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                If you think we should retain IB based on his performance, you're an idiot.

If you think we should fire IB with absolutely no consideration of the athletic department budget, you're an idiot.

If you think Saal is going to give IB more time based on a one or two game performance at this point in the season, you're an idiot.

If you are cheering for the other team because you believe the above, you're an idiot.

If you think that so much as having hesitancy in or even avoiding hiring Chris Beard means you're "woke", you're an idiot.

If you think we could/should re-hire 3G, you're a colossal idiot.

If you're on a message board typing "you're an idiot" repeatedly to people you've never met, you're an idiot.
                Kel Varnsen.PNG

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                  For the last time, Marshall is not coming back. Period. To even suggest it at this point is so incredibly naive, for reasons that have been explained ad nauseam.
                  Honestly, I don’t want Marshall back. Go ahead, flame at me. But I don’t think he would do particularly well in NIL era and easy transfers. Begging him to come back is like going to an old ex from high school. Sometimes good memories should stay exactly that. Good memories. Focus on making new ones, instead of living in the past.

Loved what Marshall did for us, he’s the best to ever do it here, but Wichita St is not Marshall University.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Living in reality doesn't make you a hater
                    Yeah, but it does't absolve you from being a condescending *****.

Comment

It could. But you would have to ask yourself if we voided it, would Marshall want back pay + his old salary back ? Would his ego let him accept less if we came crawling back?

Also, would him becoming a state employee again force WSU to release the investigation result ? I'm guessing yes.

Also, say Marshall gets accused again of physical abuse, how much liability would WSU now have in that case after rehiring someone you fired for allegations of physical abuse (and sealed the investigation results in the process)

Way too many downsides. If we are gonna throw money at some like that... Let's do it at Jans. Doesn't come with the same baggage.
                      Marshall ptsd just overwhelming you.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                        Meme of the year for this board lol

Comment

• Chris Jans would bring immediate excitement and be able to start building his system from day one. He already knows so much about the program, it wouldn't take multiple seasons for him to "get it". He embodies Play Angry.

I think Bob Richey would be a good hire, but if we could get Jans, Jans would be a better fit and let us rebuild faster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Marshall ptsd just overwhelming you.
                            If Marshall is innocent, Saal has already made the call.

Comment

I was on the "not possible" train until Taylor mentioned that there are donors willing to pony up more if he's the hire.
                              You’ve been wrong more times than you’ve been right on these issues.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• While it is fun to speculate on who might be the next coach, Brown was not fired in a vacuum. Saal already has a short list of candidates. Who I want to be the next coach is important, to me only. I am anxiously awaiting an announcement whenever it comes.

Comment

Working...
                                X