Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get on a plane to Rick Pitino or Chris Beard before they can ink deals with other schools.
    The Assman

Comment

• Chris Mack is still high on my list.

Comment

• Lol old Patty has chimed in....

Look at James Miller who is an assistant with Chris Jans!! He would be a great fit for WSU. Coached Teddy Allen at NMSU, cares about his players, his wife is fabulous, two small girls. He would fit the culture of WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
          Lol old Patty has chimed in....
          If Patty said hire John Wooden, I wouldn't do it
          The Assman

Comment

• Pat Kelsey is my #1 but I think he’ll get better offers.

Comment

• Patty has in my opinion made all the contributions to WSU basketball she ever needs to. She can STFU and go away now.

Comment

• I just hope Texas doesn’t go off and hire their interim as the HC. I mean, he’s never been a HC and won the Big12 tourney with Beard’s players. They should be looking towards Richey.

Comment

• Taylor reporting that Kellen Sampson has interest in that job. Some really good names in his most recent article. Can’t go wrong with Richey, Sampson, or Kelsey. Please no ORU coach. He seems like a major knob.

Side note: DeVries from Drake is an interesting name to consider. Besides him being able to build a program his son is a sophomore and just won Valley POY as a Sophomore.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    Posted this elsewhere and sorry if it has already been posted by another. Josh Pastner was fired from Georgia Tech.
                    WSU better not even think about it.

Comment

• SHOCKER UNFILTERED
                      Taylor Eldridge · ·
                      Wichita State has joined the coaching carousel this offseason. Here's a list of potential coaching candidates Shockers might consider.

Here's what I've been hearing. One name that keeps coming up: Houston assistant Kellen Sampson. Would come familiar with WSU's program & AAC recruiting and has interest from what I'm told.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

He does give me Gregg Marshall vibes in terms of what he has done at Furman (like Marshall at Winthrop). And doesn't appear to be a jumper, cause I am sure he has had chances.
                        I'll probably get some heat for bringing it up but has Richey ever been to the NCAA tournament? If not, why not?

Comment

• Hell, give the entire media and the NCAA the middle finger and hire Beard AND Marshall as co-coaches, bring on Bob Knight as a consultant.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            SHOCKER UNFILTERED
                            Taylor Eldridge · ·
                            Wichita State has joined the coaching carousel this offseason. Here's a list of potential coaching candidates Shockers might consider.

Here's what I've been hearing. One name that keeps coming up: Houston assistant Kellen Sampson. Would come familiar with WSU's program & AAC recruiting and has interest from what I'm told.
                            Hmmm, thought he was coach in waiting at Houston.

Either his dad has no plans to retire soon, or he wants to come here to "cut his teeth" before leaving for Houston.

I know we can't really "worry" about how quickly a Coach would leave us. And we certainly have the resources to retain a good coach.

But how do we feel about this possibility? I guess I need to do some digging on him. Obviously his dad is a great coach, but doesn't mean he will be.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              SHOCKER UNFILTERED
                              Taylor Eldridge · ·

Can’t believe this candidate would be at the top of anyone’s list for WSU. Seems like a huge risk to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Hmmm, thought he was coach in waiting at Houston.

Either his dad has no plans to retire soon, or he wants to come here to "cut his teeth" before leaving for Houston.

I know we can't really "worry" about how quickly a Coach would leave us. And we certainly have the resources to retain a good coach.

But how do we feel about this possibility? I guess I need to do some digging on him. Obviously his dad is a great coach, but doesn't mean he will be.
                                I'm not a fan of hiring another coach without head coaching experience

Comment

Working...
                                X