Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
    Yes…as I’ve aid multiple times, need a coaching change…should never be in this position. However, as far as a fleet of players transferring out…there may be some. But, those who transferred in from other programs aren’t going to be leaving so fast…they’ll have to sit out a year if they do. I don’t see many of them having recoverable careers if they sit one out.
    So in the case of a coaching change, can't any or all players transfer and play immediately?
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

So in the case of a coaching change, can't any or all players transfer and play immediately?
      Oh crap! I sort of forgot about that. Either way, even if we lose the whole kit and caboodle I'll be fine with a new coach.

Comment

• I've said it before, though there are a few I'd love to stay, it's much more important to have a new coach than keep anyone on the current roster.

I don't care if there are 0 returning scholarship players as long as we have someone that inspires and gives us a chance to build back upon what we once had.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

I dont think that's an official rule. Normally part of the waiver process takes that into account but it isn't a guarantee. Take the west Virginia kid. His coach was fired right before the beginning of the year (Manhattan) and his waiver was denied.

Comment

• I think this is the one that dries the ink on IB's termination papers. He inherited a roster that won the AAC in year one. He finished 7th in year two with the same roster. In year 3, he's lost 8 home games, including two to AAC bottom feeders and one to a SWAC team. Newman University will probably have more butts in seats for their next home game than the Shockers will on Sunday. Case closed.

Comment

• Just like the Tulsa game, last night's game should have essentially zero influence on your "decision", and I'm convinced it did not, at least to those who matter.

If a home loss to UCF is your breaking point (I'm looking RIGHT AT YOU Bob Lutz) then you either haven't been paying attention, you don't have a clue as to how to run a high major men's basketball program, or both.

And again, as I've said over and over and over, absolutely none of this is HCIB's fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                We could do a lot worse than Turg. I don't harbor any ill feelings toward him for the "at this level" comment, and I doubt he thinks that way these days. FHCGM showed him to what level WSU is capable of competing.
                ...capable of competing against his alma mater no less (obviously not now but back when we had 3G as coach).

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

He might be the most clueless dote on Wichita radio.

And that’s saying something.
                  Yup he went right back to the same well comparing three year records to MT and GM. Said "I don't even know who you could bring in...Shocker fans be careful what you ask for." Basically said IB was a victim of his own success in winning the league first year and painted a picture that GM left the program in shambles.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Yup he went right back to the same well comparing three year records to MT and GM. Said "I don't even know who you could bring in...Shocker fans be careful what you ask for." Basically said IB was a victim of his own success in winning the league first year and painted a picture that GM left the program in shambles.
                    ​​

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post

If you haven’t realized it yet, Lutz is probably the biggest moron in Wichita. Why people still follow him is beyond me.
                      It's how desperate we are for cheap entertainment I guess!

Comment

• If they would have taken the chance on Adrain Griffin, at least WSU might have another player in the NBA right now...
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                          If they would have taken the chance on Adrain Griffin, at least WSU might have another player in the NBA right now...
                          Also, didn't realize he was working on a doctorate in leadership studies (sounds like a something this program could use right now).

Imagine, WSU could go from 3Gs to Dr. G (with a slight detour in-between).
                          The Assman

Comment

Also, didn't realize he was working on a doctorate in leadership studies (sounds like a something this program could use right now).

I would take Adrian Griffin in a heartbeat. I have this really good gut feeling about him that I haven’t had about anybody else.

that being said, I really don’t think we get someone like him after Isaac Brown. I think Saal will want someone proven, battle tested, someone who can come in and instantly rejuvenate this program before it dies. If Griffin failed and his knowledge didn’t translate well to college ball, then it would almost certainly be a program ending catastrophe.

but even so, he’s still in my top 3.

Comment

Very well spoken.

If they don't hire someone with HC experience, I hope he really gets a look.

Hometown kid coming good would be a great story.
                              The Assman

Comment

• Here's an interview after being acting HC for the final game of the regular season last year.

The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X