Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
    In another day of possibly meaningingless flight tracking… Hawker Beechjet left Jabara arriving in Des Moines at 1:20 this afternoon. Same plane headed back to Jabara at 9PM this evening.
    I'm fine with this I think. Do we know what kind of a recruiter he is? I mean, he must be decent to get players to come to Drake, right?

Comment

• If you can get good players to play at Drake of all places in Des Moines, IA, you should have no trouble getting players to Wichita State with the resources and support we have.

It’s not a guarantee he’d be successful, but it’s also not some indictment on him that his teams have flaws.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• DeVries’ team really impressed me. Yes, they struggled to score down the stretch to Miami but defensively I thought they were impressive and really competed. The defensive analytics back that up. He’s not running Creighton lite there in Des Moines. Also, Midwest roots. Played in this area and has coached in this area. 20+ wins every season.

I don’t think Bob Richey is a good fit. Defensive numbers aren’t good. I could see his laid-back personality being a problem.

Kelsey to me is somewhere in-between DeVries and Richey. I don’t think his resume is as impressive as DDV.

Comment

• 3G or Jans! Wichita State is where we do big bold things! Like spanking Arizona, KU, Ohio State, Gonzaga, Baylor etc.

Comment

In another day of possibly meaningingless flight tracking… Hawker Beechjet left Jabara arriving in Des Moines at 1:20 this afternoon. Same plane headed back to Jabara at 9PM this evening.
            Duh, KU is playing there this afternoon!

Comment

• Not going to let one bad game for the Drake coaches son sway me but it might have discouraged some scouts looking at him so doubtful he will get drafted and would surely come with his dad. I also liked the freshman backup PG Enright - he would be a fan favorite for sure. Ferguson the 6'8 PF might be helpful. Anyone checked on their recruiting?

Comment

DeVries’ team really impressed me. Yes, they struggled to score down the stretch to Miami but defensively I thought they were impressive and really competed. The defensive analytics back that up. He’s not running Creighton lite there in Des Moines. Also, Midwest roots. Played in this area and has coached in this area. 20+ wins every season.

I don’t think Bob Richey is a good fit. Defensive numbers aren’t good. I could see his laid-back personality being a problem.

Kelsey to me is somewhere in-between DeVries and Richey. I don’t think his resume is as impressive as DDV.
                What makes DeVries resume better than Kelsey? They’re the same age but DeVries started his college career as an assistant 3 years earlier. Kelsey has 11 years as a head coach and been successful at 2 different stops. DeVries has 5 years as a head coach at one stop. Kelsey’s last year at Winthrop and this last year at CoC were complete dominance - Marshall-esque. 5 conference championships vs 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxlvr View Post
                  Duh, KU is playing there this afternoon!
                  Get that rational and legitimate explanation out of here!

Comment

• Please anyone but DeVries

Comment

• Kelsey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DeVries
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

What makes DeVries resume better than Kelsey? They’re the same age but DeVries started his college career as an assistant 3 years earlier. Kelsey has 11 years as a head coach and been successful at 2 different stops. DeVries has 5 years as a head coach at one stop. Kelsey’s last year at Winthrop and this last year at CoC were complete dominance - Marshall-esque. 5 conference championships vs 1.
                        DeVries has been more consistent in my opinion. MVC is a tougher league than the Big South. We have two years of data on Kelsey in the CAA, his first year wasn’t so great.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

Kelsey is obviously better. I imagine he'll get a big job this spring.

Comment

• Even if we don't get Kelsey I just want to see him pull himself up on the nets at CKA. That is so stinking funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                              Even if we don't get Kelsey I just want to see him pull himself up on the nets at CKA. That is so stinking funny.
                              ^^^^THIS^^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Those interviews are priceless.

For those who may not be aware, this is what he’s referencing:

Maybe not for our coach, but he would be a great color guy on the radio!
                                That's really great analogies.

Comment

Working...
                                X