Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMO, MT has a habit of leaving programs with no talent for the next coach every where he has gone. I agree we should move on from him just like I think we should move on from GM. It's not going to happen so let's start finding a coach that has some fire and will push the players. I believe there is another Jarome Tang out there just waiting for a WSU to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Did you just steal someone's tag line?
      ShockRef likes me. He won’t mind this one time.

78-65

Comment

• If Turgeon hadn’t already been at WSU, I think he’d be at the top of some of naysayers’ lists with his resume.

I also think he realizes how special Wichita State is because he’s now spent so much time coaching in the Big XII, Big Ten, and ACC.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

I also think he realizes how special Wichita State is because he’s now spent so much time coaching in the Big XII, Big Ten, and ACC.
          You think?

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
            No Mark Turgeon. Could we please move forward? PLEASE! There are some good young coaches out there. We don't have to go back to the past.

For those of you who forgot, Marshall said that Turgeon didn't leave him any talent. When Marshall went to his first practice he asked a player if he was a walk-on. The player told him that he was on a scholarship.

Marshall was not impressed. How long did it take Marshall to get us back to success after Turgeon left?

I was not impressed with how Turgeon left WSU either.
            If the right up and coming coach is available and ready to coach in Wichita, I don't really disagree with that perspective. I'm afraid we aren't going to be very high on the pecking order for the top upcoming coaches where we stand currently. Id love to have Pat Kelsey coach in Wichita, but I'm becoming skeptical that he would take the job.

I think where Turgeon would provide value would be helping to get us in position to hire a top young coach a few years down the line, much like he did in his first stint in Wichita. The proof is in the pudding that Turgeon can win basketball games. I'm not sure we will be able to hire a young coach that we know will win games given our current position and the cost of missing on this hire would be painful for the long term future of the program. Interview the best candidates available, but if Mark shows that he has the hunger to lead the program forward, I would wager he's as good of a coach that will be a candidate for us.

To those still bothered by the "at this level" comment, its probably time to move past that. It was 15+ years ago, and WSU was at a different level than it is now. For as much as Shockernet looks down on the MVC, I don't think this board can also blame Turgeon for feeling the same 15 years ago. Moving on when he did worked out pretty well for both parties.

Comment

• No comments, just posting...

Disgraced head coach moving away from college town

"Beard’s mansion in Austin, which was built in 2012, was listed on Zillow for an asking price of $4.95 million on Friday morning."

Disgraced head coach moving away from college town (msn.com)
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                No comments, just posting...

Disgraced head coach moving away from college town

"Beard’s mansion in Austin, which was built in 2012, was listed on Zillow for an asking price of $4.95 million on Friday morning."

Disgraced head coach moving away from college town (msn.com)
                Word on the street is he is looking to buy in Wichita.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I viewed Boyle more as the glue that holds things together and also a capable coach. Similar to Marshall and Jans (not saying same types of personalities). I do not think that Spinelli was a good influence on the Coaching/Players former structure.
                  Don’t know Spinelli but if you look at his Wikipedia page it looks like he wrote it marketing himself. My impression of him is one of back room deals that his bosses don’t want to know about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Was he spotted with Danny Ainge??
                    The Assman

Comment

he can buy a lot more house in Wichita. A great friend of mine has seen his home double in price. I keep trying to convince him to com back and invest his 7-800k into a retirement plan.
                      Phi Alpha

Comment

• 3G

Comment

This is a lie unless accompanied by random flight tracking info .. come on now .. we know how this works...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                            3G
                            I propose a ban for anyone seriously saying we should re-hire Marshall at this point. It wastes server space.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

This is a lie unless accompanied by random flight tracking info .. come on now .. we know how this works...
                              2474D46F-B14A-4BE8-9CCF-15F0CFABFD31.jpeg

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I propose a ban for anyone seriously saying we should re-hire Marshall at this point. It wastes server space.
                                3G

Comment

Working...
                                X