Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post
    If it's between DeVries and Sampson, I'd prefer DeVries. He's a proven head coach. You don't just win 20+ games every year in your head coaching career as a fluke. He's doing something right. He's proven he can do it. Where WSU is right now as a program, we need a proven head coach who can come in and win right now. There is no way to know what kind of head coach Sampson would be because he's never been one. It could take him years to figure it out.

I don't like the idea of Spradlin because it seems like he's only in consideration because he's buddies with the AD. His winning percentage is too low.
    Agree on Spradlin but DeVries has not shown any connections to top recruits other than his son. Even a good coach needs strong recruiting to compete at a national level. I believe Sampson will provide that and he has been groomed. He may not be a sure fire winner, I'd put the odds at 3/1 that he will be. DeVries....not so positive.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
      Wow there are some Drake fans on Twitter who really think moving from Drake to Wichita State is a lateral move. Like multiple people.

I didn’t even know Drake had fans!
      UNI delusion spreading downstream I see.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Agree on Spradlin but DeVries has not shown any connections to top recruits other than his son. Even a good coach needs strong recruiting to compete at a national level. I believe Sampson will provide that and he has been groomed. He may not be a sure fire winner, I'd put the odds at 3/1 that he will be. DeVries....not so positive.
        Not true. Two of DeVries’ 2023 commits at Drake are 3 stars. You’d have to be a miracle worker to land a 4 star recruit at Drake.

Comment

• darien devries. that's the guy. consistent winner in a very competitive conference. almost makes it look easy.

it won't be him though, probably, and that's a real shame. he's one of those coaches that would win right away.. like jans at bowling green. oh, well.. maybe we'll get a successful d-2 head coach. or an assistant coach from a winning program (roy williams, eddie fogler, jerome tang type).

saal has a tough task. choose wisely, grasshopper.

Comment

So your saying you don't know, because Taylor doesn't know those answers.
            I'm guessing only the folks with the big bucks know much aside from KS. All of our info is just speculation.
            Sorry, now that I know message boards are like Siths I’ll try to do better.

Comment

• People on the Drake message board talking about how Drake is a possible target for Big East expansion lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                People on the Drake message board talking about how Drake is a possible target for Big East expansion lmao
                Gonzaga
                Wichita St
                SLU
                VCU
                Dayton

All well ahead of Drake’s odds.
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                  Sorry. I am not posting this Spradlin stuff out of support. More that I am just reading and researching everything I can to try and figure out WHY he is a candidate. Yes, I know he and the AD have history.....but trying to see what else is there. So I am sharing what I find.

https://www.wymt.com/2023/03/18/spra...s-off-nit-run/
                  I rather have Spradlin than IB. Least he has some energy and charisma.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I am really wondering if he just not making this up (from educated guesses). He admitted that ADKS is very tight lipped and keeps everything close to his vest. Nobody is actually talking about any of these guys being courted.

I would be surprised if we don't hear some leaks in the national media with either coaches pulling their names from consideration and/or targets when it getting close.

Comment

So your saying you don't know, because Taylor doesn't know those answers.
                      I'm guessing only the folks with the big bucks know much aside from KS. All of our info is just speculation.
                      BINGO

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                        People on the Drake message board talking about how Drake is a possible target for Big East expansion lmao
                        Ok now we’re talking next level narcotics.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• My hope is that involving Spradlin is professional courtesy to a former colleague (i.e. not a serious candidate, but you are willing to throw his name in the mix because his name being associated with your job helps him get attention for other jobs).
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I am really wondering if he just not making this up (from educated guesses). He admitted that ADKS is very tight lipped and keeps everything close to his vest. Nobody is actually talking about any of these guys being courted.

I would be surprised if we don't hear some leaks in the national media with either coaches pulling their names from consideration and/or targets when it getting close.
                            Love Taylor’s analysis but he has been really pissy this. He doesn’t know any more about who it’s going to be than any of us. He is just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks because we are all desperate for any news.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Ok now we’re talking next level narcotics.
                              Drugs are bad. Mmmmkay.
                              78-65

Comment

• Would Lon Kruger coach again??
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X