Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

That’s part of my point though. The money was behind getting rid of IB but now we are looking at a couple cheap options in Sampson (making $300k) and Spradlin ($180k). You’d think if the money was behind getting rid of IB they’d be behind throwing some real money at a top-tier candidate. I guess it’s possible the money gave Saal an ultimatum and said replace IB or we’re done forever without offering up a ton of cash to support the move but I hope they realize the damage that could do to the program long-term if the cheap replacement flames out. But if money is a problem then we wouldn’t have even needed the money to get rid of IB next year.

Sounds like the money people at every company I've worked for. "yes, go get John calapari, but don't spend more than a 100k doing it"

Comment

• Kellen Sampson, unless the recruiting firms find a hidden gem like 3G... Someone hungry who fits the passion of the donors and fan base.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth007 View Post
        GladColby Rogers is returning with his new NIL deal. Thank you Armchair Strategies!
        This!!! To avoid having Arkansas and others feeding off our players two Seasons in a row, this is an area of recruiting to match or beat the offers of our competitors. Shaving daily twice might be how WSU gets the lunkers
        from 4 areas.

1. High school 4 star players and maybe nabbing a 5 star now and then? 2. Juco top 25 type players 3. Portal, Portal , Portal players. 4. Keeping key players such as Colby, Walton, and Kenny P. to stay on board every solitary Season. The fans will enjoy that.

KU pulls lots of booster green and key high school stars from our fine city. Once we hire the right coach to build it, the fans will come and our booster support will follow and increase? Our foes got a head start on us. Hopefully we will hire K. Sampson or another key coach and catch back up and surpass our competitors. Stay tuned.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

MSU getting smashed by UAB right now in NIT
          Meanwhile UNT crushing Sam Houston 66 - 33 with 11 mins left.

I still say find a way to get McCasland

But I am sure he will go to Texas Tech
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• ✅Raised 30/40 million for a new stadium in like a year
            ✅Gets players and raises them through their program
            ✅Has won somethin like 75% of his games in 6
            years at a private school with less than 3000 students

just a few things about FU’s Bob Richey.. this is a no brainer..
            Last edited by Kitchen_bg; March 19, 2023, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• Man I just have a bad feeling in my gut it’s gonna be Spradlin

Comment

• Originally posted by Kitchen_bg View Post
                ✅Raised 30/40 million for a new stadium in like a year
                ✅Gets players and raises them through their program
                ✅Has won somethin like 75% of his games in 6
                years at a private school with less than 3000 students

just a few things about FU’s Bob Richey.. this is a no brainer..
                Looks like 76er created a new account
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Man I just have a bad feeling in my gut it’s gonna be Spradlin
                  A Spradlin hire instantly puts ADKS on the hot seat. If Spradlin fails, ADKS goes with him.

Comment

I believe that that hire would make most fans wish they had just kept IB where he keeps his players, takes a chance on him making some good "fill in the spots" recruits, cross their fingers that he improves as a head coach, and perhaps, save WSU some money. I'd be surprised if the "big money" would be there for Spradlin.

Comment

Well, if he is rhe guy I guess we will probably know soon.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Spradlin.PNG

This resume doesn't inspire much confidence. Sure Spradlin has won 20+ games the last three years, but the OVC is not a great league. Feels similar to Paul Mills in that there should be a stop at another school (or more success at the current school) before being qualified to take over at WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                          Spradlin.PNG

This resume doesn't inspire much confidence. Sure Spradlin has won 20+ games the last three years, but the OVC is not a great league. Feels similar to Paul Mills in that there should be a stop at another school (or more success at the current school) before being qualified to take over at WSU.
                          I agree. I have done a ton of digging the last couple days and just didn't find anything that made me think he should be the guy.

I am afraid that Saal would try to point out how Spradlin was able to use the portal for 10 new guys, after several departures after last season, and was still able to win his conference. Since the portal is the new landscape. And try to say with the NIL partnerships and his ability to retool that Spradlin will be a perfect fit.

Or something like that.

But the AAC is NOT the OVC.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Okay enlighten me then einstein.
                            Where in my post did I mention money? Totally different discussion. I merely pointed out that the situation and the perception are very similar.
                            "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Since we are not hearing anything about Jans, I am assuming the contract buyout was just too expensive. At this point Devries looks like the best still being mentioned with Sampson being next step down. I am ready for a press conference to be announced.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
                                Since we are not hearing anything about Jans, I am assuming the contract buyout was just too expensive. At this point Devries looks like the best still being mentioned with Sampson being next step down. I am ready for a press conference to be announced.
                                Yeah, if the names that Eldridge has mentioned are indeed the targets. Then I am hoping for #1 DeVries or #2 Sampson.

But still holding out hope Saal has a rabbit he can pull out of a hat.

Comment

Working...
                                X