Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
    Nay, neigh, ney.

Keep looking boys.
    So who do you like?

Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Help

Comment

• Originally posted by mmm View Post
        Help
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Drake didn't win the MVC the only they were in the tournament is because they beat Bradley in their tournament. They fell apart at the end just like our Shox this year. I have been watching FAU and I think the AAC is going to be tough next year. We need a good coach and I don't see that being Devries, even if he brings his son.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I think you might consider adding Sampson to that list. I think he's going to get serious consideration.
            I would risk Sampson being a first year coach over devries. I didn't see this great defense everyone mentions. I think IB's defense was better. Devries offense was somewhere between IB's first half of the season and second half. Sorry I didn't see greatness coming from him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I would risk Sampson being a first year coach over devries. I didn't see this great defense everyone mentions. I think IB's defense was better. Devries offense was somewhere between IB's first half of the season and second half. Sorry I didn't see greatness coming from him.
              Miami coach said it was the best D he has faced this year. So there's that.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Scoring defense:

Drake - 32
                WSU - 126

Field goal percentage defense:

WSU - 28
                Drake - 36

So almost a wash on field goal percentage. And much better at scoring Defense.

Now the coach I would REALLY like (other than Jans) had a top 10 field goal percentage defense and #1 Scoring defense.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Scoring defense:

Drake - 32
                  WSU - 126

Field goal percentage defense:

WSU - 28
                  Drake - 36

So almost a wash on field goal percentage. And much better at scoring Defense.

Now the coach I would REALLY like had a top 10 field goal percentage defense and #1 Scoring defense.
                  Just don't get warm fuzzies on bringing on another coach that has never coached a college basketball game. Not one. Yeah, yeah, his dad is one of the best coaches in the game. Still, just not sold when we are already paying 2 former coaches. Also, this is nothing more than an intermediate stop for him in Wichita. Hoping to bring in a proven coach.

Comment

Just don't get warm fuzzies on bringing on another coach that has never coached a college basketball game. Not one. Yeah, yeah, his dad is one of the best coaches in the game. Still, just not sold when we are already paying 2 former coaches. Also, this is nothing more than an intermediate stop for him in Wichita. Hoping to bring in a proven coach.
                    Wasn't talking about Sampson. The team I am talking about is an experienced head coach

Houston had #2 scoring defense. #1 field goal percentage defense
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I don't remember Miami playing WSU this year. Not only that , it's standard coach post game speak, they have to say something good about their opposition, but couldn't say anything about their offense without looking foolish.

Comment

• We’re one week into this… and I’m worn out.

This is not a complaint. Just mentally taxing not having someone at the top of the program.

Comment

• If I’m ranking my favorites

1. Ben McCollum. He’s going to be the cheapest option, he’s young, and maybe the best coach out of anyone possible.

2. Devries. Good resume. Brings son more than likely, and at least affordable.

3. Dusty May. I think he gets bigger offers however

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Big 12-2-2+4.

You forgot the change to 10.

Big 12-4+2-2+4

Lost 4 then added 2 to get the 10.

Comment

• Still like FAU's Dusty May

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                                What about a coach from a different sport? Gene Keady never played basketball at K-State and went on to coach Purdue for 25 years.

And recently I've been watching this documentary about an American football coach who has success as a soccer coach in England.

Just a thought.
                                John Cena!!!
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X