Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
    I wanted Sampson but I’ll say this… from the little I researched a few nights ago with the small list of names being thrown around ; Mills is the only one I liked the recruiting gets from the past 3-4 yrs that I could see on recruiting sites. Consistently landed him some dudes. (Outside of Devries getting his son of course). Imagine what someone who can recruit well in a small funded program in a weak league ; can do in the AAC with a well funded program who has solid NIL to boot. Bring 2-3 of your better players with you and move on from 2-3 of our weaker players and I will be SOLD.
    He’s from Houston and has 6 players on his roster from Texas or the Houston area. That’s helps a lot. Tons of talent in the Houston area alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

HE has an obsession with one game outliers, said the guy who has brought up Alcorn State on an almost daily basis?
      So are you suggesting we had a great year and that Brown shouldn’t have been fired?

I also think you have a little crush on me.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

So are you suggesting we had a great year and that Brown shouldn’t have been fired?

Time to change your avatar.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Same to you. I want to throw up every time you post.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

If you change yours back.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If you change yours back.
              Please don't have him change it back to that cringy ass Lutz photo. I'm sure he can find something a little less disturbing than that.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Please don't have him change it back to that cringy ass Lutz photo. I'm sure he can find something a little less disturbing than that.
                But at least that one makes you laugh, right? I like to laugh lol.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

But at least that one makes you laugh, right? I like to laugh lol.
                  No. That one makes me want to throw up.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Oh, my, no....no crush.....just an interesting observation.....

And I have never said Brown had a 'great' year....but I'm not a 'quick to fire' person, either....there are TONS of examples of people who, if you fire them after three seasons, you don't see the greatness that ends up happening...Bill Belichek was 36-44 after 5 seasons....not saying Brown was going to be John Wooden....but the guy we just hired would have been fired HERE

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I did. I’m happy with my selection now
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

And I have never said Brown had a 'great' year....but I'm not a 'quick to fire' person, either....there are TONS of examples of people who, if you fire them after three seasons, you don't see the greatness that ends up happening...Bill Belichek was 36-44 after 5 seasons....not saying Brown was going to be John Wooden....but the guy we just hired would have been fired HERE
                        For what, though? He inherited a team that was 8-22 and 236 in KenPom, flipping that to 17-14 and ranked 135 in KenPom his third season.

Brown inherited a team that finished in the top 40 of KenPom and was 23-8. Brown took us to the fringes of the top 100 and was 17-15 this season.

Brown took the program backwards, while Mills took his team forward and made two tournaments, including a Sweet 16 as a 15 seed.

Comment

No IB was on a downward trend while pm was trending up. So that's just not correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

No IB was on a downward trend while pm was trending up. So that's just not correct.
                            An opinion of yours.....and I would argue that after losing a starstuuded(comparitively) lineup that underperformed in 21-22(Udeeze, Council, Dennis, Etienne), he did a credible job of blending NINE new players that struggled early(i.e. Alcorn State) and played much better down the stretch...

I'm not anti-Mills.....I'm just not a quick fire person...

Comment

An opinion of yours.....and I would argue that after losing a starstuuded(comparitively) lineup that underperformed in 21-22(Udeeze, Council, Dennis, Etienne), he did a credible job of blending NINE new players that struggled early(i.e. Alcorn State) and played much better down the stretch...

But his job is literally to recruit and retain good players. He didn't seem to do either particularly well.

Comment

Good Lord that’s such a bad take. You don’t wait around while the program is circling the drain. You stick a plug in that thing as quick as you can. Anybody still defending IB about where this program was headed is just burying their head in sand. I feel like you are an active member of the Shocker Faithful with your thought processes.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X