Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone remember the disaster that Mizzou got into hiring a proven D2 coach ? Might have been the same D2 school.

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
      Anyone remember the disaster that Mizzou got into hiring a proven D2 coach ? Might have been the same D2 school.
      I think that was CMSU but still a no. After all, he was Norm Stewarts right hand man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I think that was CMSU.
        Yep, CMSU...
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• We should interview Musselman's wife.............

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I think that was CMSU but still a no. After all, he was Norm Stewarts right hand man.
            Major difference between these coaches. The Northwest Missouri coach has won 4 national titles. I have watched them play multiple times against Washburn. They are very well coached and he can be successful but I’m not sure he has the recruiting connections for D1 (high major) level.

Comment

• Let’s hire a coach who can differentiate between future NBA draft talent on his own roster and play and coach them accordingly.

Comment

• Who’s this coach we’re referencing with the flight stuff? Can’t keep up

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                  Who’s this coach we’re referencing with the flight stuff? Can’t keep up
                  There’s a flight tracker from Des Moines to Wichita (DeVries)

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post

There’s a flight tracker from Des Moines to Wichita (DeVries)
                    Ah okay, so there’s a very real possibility he’s a big target for us. Are we happy about that?

Comment

• Jeez, KU HONKS flying back home in stunned silence.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post
                        I think Ben McCollum should be getting more buzz. Outside of Chris Jans, no one else really stands out to me (DeVries, Kelsey, Richey, etc.). McCollum, even though he's been at the D-2 level, he's won 4 national championships and he's only 41. He's also an Iowa/Missouri/Kansas guy. I watched some interviews with him and he's really well-spoken, handsome, and energetic.
                        Idk I guess I just see him more as an assistant hire than a head hire. Mizzou hired Kim Anderson from Central Missouri coming off a natty and it was a complete and utter failure. He said, when asked when he thought he’d be fired he said “the day I took the job”. I just think we could do better

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                          Jeez, KU HONKS flying back home in stunned silence.
                          No way. They all sraying the night to celebrate.......dolp!

Comment

• You should have heard their radio guys. Oh man what a bunch of crybabies.

Comment

• Taylor Eldridge @tayloreldridge

Drake head coach Darian DeVries Houston assistant Kellen Sampson Morehead State head coach Preston Spradlin In no particular order, those are the 3 names I’ve been hearing are being considered by Wichita State for its men’s basketball opening.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

DeVries has been more consistent in my opinion. MVC is a tougher league than the Big South. We have two years of data on Kelsey in the CAA, his first year wasn’t so great.
                                I feel like this is more of confirmation bias than anything else, like you want DeVries to be the better option so you’re seeing it how you want it to be seen because Kelsey 100% has a better resume lol. But I for sure go 1. Kelsey 2 A DeVries 2 B Richey and 3 Sampson. Anyone else I’d be pretty disappointed

Comment

Working...
                                X