Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long was the gap from Turgeon leaving to when Marshall was hired?

I guess the more appropriate question would be: what was the time line between Winthrop being eliminated from the tournament to when Marshall was hired?

It hasn’t even been a week yet, I know, but I was just curious if anyone remembered off the top of their heads.
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
      I keep telling myself to trust our new ADKS simply because so far so good on his abilities thus far...but the longer this goes on I'm getting a bit nervous about who he ultimately winds up hiring. The good thing is ADKS has most likely truly identified what is needed to excite the fan base and put butts back in the seats.

It seems at this particular time in Shocker basketball history...the new coach has got to be a big personality within the community. Notably because our last coach did not have that charisma. Not necessarily a larger than life 3G type personality...but definitely a new coach that exemplifies passion and confidence than former coach IB did.

I have trust...lets get our man and GO SHOCKS!!!
      I agree. A few of the likely targets are still coaching. But I expect most of them will be done by Monday.

As long as ADKS is being thorough I think we will be ok. Fans may also just have to keep an open mind and look at the big picture. Which is hard for us to do a lot of times.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• saal's up to bat. hopefully, he's a homerun hitter, like jim schaus was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
          How long was the gap from Turgeon leaving to when Marshall was hired?

I guess the more appropriate question would be: what was the time line between Winthrop being eliminated from the tournament to when Marshall was hired?

It hasn’t even been a week yet, I know, but I was just curious if anyone remembered off the top of their heads.

Turg took the A&M job on April 8 or 9, 2007 depending on who gets to announce it. Marshall took the WSU job on April 14, 2007.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Excellent point, unfortunately the coordinated de-pantsing of his opponent after the tip makes his candidacy a non-starter. See NMSU about a month ago.
            “It just doesn’t matter because all the really good looking chicks are still gonna go out with the guys from Mohawk cuz they got all the money!”

In the era of NIL I think there is plenty of room for a coach Tripper.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Turg took the A&M job on April 8 or 9, 2007 depending on who gets to announce it. Marshall took the WSU job on April 14, 2007.
              Just looked up and Winthrop would have been done playing on March 18th.

So since IB is already gone, maybe we can start the clock for 5 days from when we think the top target becomes available.

For example, if it’s Kelsey, maybe we’d hear something around the 21st.
              The Assman

Comment

• The timing feels longer this time because we FIRED the coach as soon as the season was over. We haven't done that in quite some time. Marshall's departure was a different circumstance obviously.

Turgeon left after the tourney and everything was done. So all teams were finished and all coaches were available. Therefore WSU was able to move quickly.

This time we have to be more patient because some teams are still playing.

And of course, every day that goes by feels like a week lol. So it is easy to be impatient.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• It won't happen, but I'd love to see an alumni from the Gregg Marshall era become the next head coach at Wichita State. Someone like Ron Baker, who has professional experience and a high IQ for the game of basketball would be perfect coaching a high-level mid-major squad. He'd be beloved by the recruits. Not to mention David Fizdale, ex-Knicks coach, who also helped the Miami Heat beat the San Antonio Spurs in the NBA Finals said Ron would make an excellent coach one day.
                  Either Ron, or an assistant from Houston would be ideal.

Comment

• I think the Shockers are in the same place as my beloved Husker football program was after firing Frost. The program was down so low that Nebraska needed to hire a coach with some national recognition in order to create some excitement with the program and possibly with recruits. They could have hired a young and (possibly) up and comer, but decided to go with Matt Ruhle for that reason. I hope it works.

Wichita State basketball is in the same place. I don't think we can afford to hire an unknown, no matter how good we think they may be. We gotta gin up some excitement with a name coach.
                    "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• In another day of possibly meaningingless flight tracking… Hawker Beechjet left Jabara arriving in Des Moines at 1:20 this afternoon. Same plane headed back to Jabara at 9PM this evening.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                        In another day of possibly meaningingless flight tracking… Hawker Beechjet left Jabara arriving in Des Moines at 1:20 this afternoon. Same plane headed back to Jabara at 9PM this evening.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

In another day of possibly meaningingless flight tracking… Hawker Beechjet left Jabara arriving in Des Moines at 1:20 this afternoon. Same plane headed back to Jabara at 9PM this evening.
                          That’s not nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Just looked up and Winthrop would have been done playing on March 18th.

So since IB is already gone, maybe we can start the clock for 5 days from when we think the top target becomes available.

For example, if it’s Kelsey, maybe we’d hear something around the 21st.
                            Tuesday sounds good

Comment

Are you sure it didn’t say “Charleston”, and you were just mistaken?!?!
                              The Assman

Comment

• I’m just glad the plan isn’t headed to Greenville. Putrid effort by Bob Richey’s team today so I would never want to hire him.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X