Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ehh, we don’t know what’s really going on behind the scenes. We only have one option and that’s to trust the AD.

Comment

• In response to being disappointed in Saal, Turgeon was never coming back, in

Comment

• If this is true, being turned down, and that news becoming public, is not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          I'm disappointed in Saal if this is accurate.

Yahoo - No Shocker reunion: Mark Turgeon won't return as Wichita State basketball head coach

If this was his top pick, yuck.
          I'm a little confused because at the end of the article TE mentioned that Adrian Griffin could still be considered but he said yesterday on the radio that Griffin wasn't interested.

Comment

• Just curious if folks are mad at Taylor for the article or the sources talking to the Eagle?

Comment

• Originally posted by JEE View Post
              In response to being disappointed in Saal, Turgeon was never coming back, in
              I never wanted him back. It's disappointing that Turgeon was his first thought.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• WuDrWu paging Doc, we need some decent news.

Comment

• If KS wanted Turgeon… he should have known if he would take it before Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                    If KS wanted Turgeon… he should have known if he would take it before Sunday.
                    Yea, wondering if the wording is a bit off. If he was offered the job or just asked if he was interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                      If KS wanted Turgeon… he should have known if he would take it before Sunday.
                      Perhaps it is true but the money wasn't enough

Comment

• Remember when Scott Sutton was on his way to Wichita to accept the job and then had a "change of heart and turned around". Then Marshall got the job.

Most speculated Marshall was the target and Sutton tried to save face.

Could be something along those lines
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Good for Mark. I suspect that his son still being in high school was a factor. I would have loved for him to return but more importantly want him to enjoy life. I would have absolutely hated it if he took the job but then was miserable in January and regretted the decision.

Onward and upward.
                          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yea, wondering if the wording is a bit off. If he was offered the job or just asked if he was interested.
                            That’s what I’m thinking. Ever been in one of those situations where someone ask if you’re interested in doing something and you say, ‘yes’, then tell the wife and you have to go back and say, ‘sorry I can’t.’ Kind of like Tom and Giselle!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                              Good for Mark. I suspect that his son still being in high school was a factor. I would have loved for him to return but more importantly want him to enjoy life. I would have absolutely hated it if he took the job but then was miserable in January and regretted the decision.

Onward and upward.
                              Yep.

I still don't get all of the negative on MT, compared to all of the love for Jans. Their resumes aren't even comparable. I think it would be great if Jans came back, but I am not understanding the fawning.

Comment

• "According to those same sources, Turgeon is not entertaining a return to the sidelines at this time"

It wasn't a slight to WSU IMHO

He was a plan B - C - D or E on my list - although he is a really good coach

Comment

Working...
                                X