Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Can players thinking about transferring initiate contact to U's without putting their names in the portal? Are players off limits to other schools as far as just contacting to see if there would be interest? I don't know what the rules are these days. I am thinking 1-2 of our players may be exploring to see what schools might be interested in them and not declaring until they find out for sure.
    Don't see how TE could ever find a better spot than here but I wish him luck in doing so. His stock went down this year, for sure.
    Official rules are that you aren't supposed to talk to other teams players but we all know what some teams think of the rules

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Is Tyson too proud to transfer to another college? It took a lot of balls to declare this was his last year of college before last season even started.
      I'm guessing he wasn't expecting this year to go the way it did

Comment

• If I were going to guess Taylor's news, It might have something to do with official visits?

This coming weekend is the last before signing day If I remember right.

Comment

• answering "recruit news?"

Taylor Eldridge @tayloreldridge

Possible, but not any that I know of 100% right now.

Comment

• Dexter Dennis and/or Mo Udeze coming back could be a story.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
              Dexter Dennis and/or Mo Udeze coming back could be a story.
              It would be nice to have official confirmation that certain people are staying vs this wait and see game

Comment

• Keep in mind the state of the world right now, overseas leagues could be somewhat limited.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                  Jordan Manning thinks we're on F4 track with IB
                  He's absolutely correct. Final 4 in the AAC standings

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                    If I were going to guess Taylor's news, It might have something to do with official visits?

This coming weekend is the last before signing day If I remember right.
                    True but the spring signing period runs through May 18th. Plus I'm not sure how importat LOI's and signing periods are in this environment.

Comment

• I listened to the Taylor interview on ESPN Wichita. He said expect some coaching news any time. Also to expect some player movement news probably this week. He said he didn't know of any signing news but it could be kept quiet.

My take on this, and it is worth exactly what you paid for it, is that at least one assistant will be leaving this week. Also expect some more names to hit the portal or declare that they will not be returning to WSU.
                      Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                        I listened to the Taylor interview on ESPN Wichita. He said expect some coaching news any time. Also to expect some player movement news probably this week. He said he didn't know of any signing news but it could be kept quiet.

My take on this, and it is worth exactly what you paid for it, is that at least one assistant will be leaving this week. Also expect some more names to hit the portal or declare that they will not be returning to WSU.
                        If there is an assistant leaving, let it be Kennedy. When we have a coach that has no emotion and his main assistant is another coach who has no emotion, we're going to have a team that has no emotion. Someone has to be the overly enthusiastic guy and someone has to be the "you SOB" guy.

Etienne is a perfect example here. Etienne pretty much told the staff that if they didn't let him do X,Y, and Z, that he would be gone after the year. IB should have told him if you don't do exactly what we tell you to do, we'd prefer you be gone. NBA told Etienne he needed to be a facilitator. IB didn't have the coaching background to tell Etienne, you're not a facilitator, we're playing you as a spot up shooter.

That would have opened up Porter as the facilitator and the driving perimeter player, which would have gotten Etienne more open looks than he was getting when attempting to dribble or pass, which are not Etienne's strong points.

Comment

• Ball State coach Michael Lewis is hiring Wichita State assistant Lou Gudino, source told @Stadium.

Comment

• Figures, best thing about our team.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                              Ball State coach Michael Lewis is hiring Wichita State assistant Lou Gudino, source told @Stadium.
                              Ouch. Leaving for Ball freaking State. What's that tell you about the state of the program...
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Not the news I wanted

Comment

Working...
                                X