Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    Watch for LSU for those two.

Makes a lot of sense.
    I think so too.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post
      Pohto isn't going anywhere. Him and Abidde are very close. TBH those two leaving opens the door for TE to stay if he's not too far gone already.
      I don't think anyone is worried about Pohto. It is Porter

And who wants last years version of TE to stay?
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Pohto isn't going anywhere. Him and Abidde are very close. TBH those two leaving opens the door for TE to stay if he's not too far gone already.
        Perhaps it's time for TE to explore other opportunities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speak2me View Post

This coach was hired for being a players coach and his ability to keep the players we wanted returning to WSU. We prioritized program stability over everything else at the time. It appears he did a poor job on both of those tasks, and he clearly is not an X's and O's guy. So that leaves us with recruiting really. He has his work cut out for him on recruiting now. We need a mass influx of talent and need it quick. If (big if) we can get some strong commitments very soon we might be able to build momentum quickly and rebuild like Iowa State did. They went from 2 wins to 22 wins (and a Sweet 16) off almost entirely the transfer portal and a new high energy coach. We need to regain momentum though. If we are still waiting for the first commitment a month from now, we are in deep you know what.
          I agree that looking back I wish we would've opened an entire search and that there were some warning signs at the time that there were cracks in the foundation of his coaching style but I am man enough to admit I wanted to hire IB full time. I felt like the way the team played (Won the conference and made the tourney) there's no way you couldn't have hired him. And I don't think a single fan said we should look elsewhere, I know I didn't see a single person say to look elsewhere. Personally I feel like he coached himself into the job and now he is coaching himself out of it. I just hope he can put together enough respectable seasons that we have a new AD by the time we hire the next coach or else it'll be like the women's bball coach all over again hiring another loser into this department.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
            Man - this is looking kinda bad for coach IB. 8 players wanna leave??? Obviously not a good look.

The positive fan in me says..."cool - coach is cleaning house. Snagged another good recruiter today and will go reload with UPGRADED talent. The man has a plan."

The negative fan in me says..."man - sounds like the kids leaving simply don't want to play for the man." Obviously not a good sign for the program.

So many factors at play I get it. But geez.....c'mon coach...pull this together and change the trajectory like quick!!!

Go Shocks!!!
            What players want more than a nice coach is to win and play in the tournament. DB obviously didn't understand that and here we are. Are the guys leaving going to get together for one last cheer for IB.
            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

TP, Dex and Mo were roomies. So you never know.
              Didn't take long for TP to take to Twitter trying to tell Mountaineer fans to help bring Dex to Morgantown lol.

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Welcome to college basketball. It's essentially a minor league system. Good players will move up, less talented will move on wherever they can. The rich will get richer. When an underrated recruit flashes diamond in the rough at a lower conference, they will go big time. 7 or 8 player turnover a year.

No reason to develop talent at the top, just cherry pick the ones you like.

It's all about the education and the student athlete, right? Commitment, building young men.

Thank you NCAA for continually advancing the finest aspects of college basketball.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Dex will be a loss on the defensive end and I wish him well wherever he ends up. He has been a good ambassador for WSU and a model student athlete. Seems about time for him and Mo to explore other opportunities honestly. They've each been here four years.

I think a lot of these kids will find that the grass isn't always greener on the other side, especially if you are trying to "level up" to a P5 school. The portal is littered with guys who had dreams of doing that to make their stock rise only to ride the pine and have their minutes dramatically cut. For every Trey Wade story their are a ton of cautionary tales. But, sometimes you have to learn the hard way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I was directly referring to Carlos o Kellys due to the post I quoted

But ... i will extend the offer for anyone that wants to drop a 6 figure NIL for a queso commercial to be included in my "they" comment.
                    BREAKING: Michelle's Beach House makes big comeback with major NIL deal. Big story at 2. Or Big 2 at story.
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

I agree that looking back I wish we would've opened an entire search and that there were some warning signs at the time that there were cracks in the foundation of his coaching style but I am man enough to admit I wanted to hire IB full time. I felt like the way the team played (Won the conference and made the tourney) there's no way you couldn't have hired him. And I don't think a single fan said we should look elsewhere, I know I didn't see a single person say to look elsewhere. Personally I feel like he coached himself into the job and now he is coaching himself out of it. I just hope he can put together enough respectable seasons that we have a new AD by the time we hire the next coach or else it'll be like the women's bball coach all over again hiring another loser into this department.
                      It wasn't the hire it's the ridiculous contract that pisses people off. Just ludicrous.

Comment

• I guess the guy who sells team programs will be happy.

EDIT: I have no idea how to delete the stupid attachment. Don't bother clicking on it.
                        Attached Files
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                          Welcome to college basketball. It's essentially a minor league system. Good players will move up, less talented will move on wherever they can. The rich will get richer. When an underrated recruit flashes diamond in the rough at a lower conference, they will go big time. 7 or 8 player turnover a year.

No reason to develop talent at the top, just cherry pick the ones you like.

It's all about the education and the student athlete, right? Commitment, building young men.

Thank you NCAA for continually advancing the finest aspects of college basketball.
                          The thing is, incoming freshmen that don't get to play aren't necessarily less talented, they are just less experienced and not physically as mature. IMHO the sophomores in the transfer portal are where some unpolished diamonds can be found.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Dale Bonner was one of Baylor best players?

What was he for wsu?

That all that matters. Recruiting miss (or stop gap because of a recruiting miss)
                            My mistake on Bonner being one of their best players. Likely recency bias because he played 32 minutes in the R32 against North Carolina.

I think good basketball players can be found at any level. Grant was a miss, but not one many expected. Taylor Eldridge had him as the player to watch coming into this year.

Comment

• Capture.JPG

What games has this person been watching? Talk about a blatant lie. Unless it is supposed to be sarcasm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

The thing is, incoming freshmen that don't get to play aren't necessarily less talented, they are just less experienced and not physically as mature. IMHO the sophomores in the transfer portal are where some unpolished diamonds can be found.
                                I'm sure that's true. And WSU can do just as well as anyone in this environment. Right now, why even bother recruiting freshman who can't play now?
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X