Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At this point, just adding someone with that size would help WSU.

Doesn’t hurt FSU to lose him, since they always seem to have an average height of 6’10” on that roster!
    The Assman

Comment

• Also, if he is a from NC, that seems to be a good connection for WSU lately.
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
        Also, if he is a from NC, that seems to be a good connection for WSU lately.
        "Ballard, a native of Syracuse, was a late addition to the 2020 class, as he wasn't offered until April 4, 2020, before eventually committing and signing two weeks later. He was seen as a high upside take given his extreme athleticism but hasn't really been able to channel it since coming to Tallahassee. He was the 336th-ranked prospect in the 2020 class."
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Here's our guy...

"Allen averaged 2.2 points and 6.4 minutes played in 19 games this season for the Wildcats, whose NCAA tournament run ended with a stunning first-round loss to St. Peter’s. The Falmouth, Kentucky, native will seek a larger role elsewhere."

Kentucky Basketball Player Transferring: College Fans React (msn.com)
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

At this point, just adding someone with that size would help WSU!
            You seem to have low standards in this case, even if you desire tall players.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

"Ballard, a native of Syracuse, was a late addition to the 2020 class, as he wasn't offered until April 4, 2020, before eventually committing and signing two weeks later. He was seen as a high upside take given his extreme athleticism but hasn't really been able to channel it since coming to Tallahassee. He was the 336th-ranked prospect in the 2020 class."
              The video said NC’s hottest product.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You seem to have low standards in this case, even if you desire tall players.
                Well, you can do a lot worse than having a 7 footer at the end of the bench…
                The Assman

Comment

• I don't see it with him, I just don't. Tall or not you have to be able to beat out the walk ons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Could be Grant Gibbs instead - he probably has a year left :)
                    Sadly, Grant Gibbs would make this team a lot better. Also help save money with the senior discount on team meals at Ryan's.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Granted, I haven’t seen the video and him getting beat out by a walk on isn’t a great resume booster.

My only point is, if someone with that size is 13th on the bench, is he hurting the roaster that much?

Hell, if they like him enough to be a project, maybe they will RS him for a year.
                      The Assman

Comment

Granted, I haven’t seen the video and him getting beat out by a walk on isn’t a great resume booster.

My only point is, if someone with that size is 13th on the bench, is he hurting the roaster that much?

Hell, if they like him enough to be a project, maybe they will RS him for a year.
                        What does size have to do with it if he is 13th on the bench? If he is 2 years in his college career, he is not redshirting.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          At this point, we just want to look good in the airports.
                          I'd take a chance with Ballard using Chapman's scholarship - everything to gain

Comment

• P5 benchwarmers were all heavily recruited by P5 schools. We would have gone crazy had we signed this kid out of high school. We should be looking for guys just like this, that couldn’t get their minutes against even better players. I’ll take the castoffs like this all day.

Comment

• So far, ShockerLady’s ominous foreshadowing of 100 million players transferring from WSU this year is earning her a spot amongst the most impressive ShockerNet Nostradamus’s.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                P5 benchwarmers were all heavily recruited by P5 schools. We would have gone crazy had we signed this kid out of high school. We should be looking for guys just like this, that couldn’t get their minutes against even better players. I’ll take the castoffs like this all day.
                                Recruiting services miss on their player ratings more often than we (fans) hear. Coaches miss too, and some coaches take the lazy, easy way out, and give the recruiting services more credit than they deserve.

Comment

Working...
                                X