Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Well nothing official yet. Those several current players who are unhappy that WSU is moving on From GM need to target Patty Beamer for her unyielding efforts to fire GM.
    I just looked at her Facebook, to see how gleeful she is. She claims to have had COVID three times. I might end up liking that virus more than I anticipated.

Comment

• Originally posted by StunningSteve View Post

Have you seem Gregg Marshall and Shaq Morris in person?

Not for one minute to I believe Marshall thought it a good idea to take a poke.

Do I think there was physicality of some kind after Morris had his collision with someone else?? Yes, I do.

But I don’t see Marshall punching that man. Even if he felt what he thought was a punch by a much smaller man... I doubt it was that.

What the players thought they saw in the aftermath is a big fish story.
      Why do you not believe Marshall thought it a good idea to "take a poke"? Marshall was in a position of authority. A player would be a fool to retaliate physically toward a coach. Shaq could have been 7'5 and 350 lbs and it wouldn't have altered that dynamic one bit. You're looking at it far too simplistically.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Jessie Smollett.

Someone who has something to gain will do whatever he can to gain the support of those who want to believe its true.

From a distance, these could all be the sensationalized details we are hearing now. But what actually occurred could be very different.

I wasn’t there. I know someone who was. He didn’t think enough of the situation at the time to say something to me, other than Coach was heated when Shaq made a dangerous foul on Zach, and that he was surprised Zach wasn’t hurt.

He didn’t see a punch. Doesn’t mean it didn’t happen, but he didn’t see it. Wonder how many can say they told the full truth about what they saw, versus those who saw portions and believed what was said.

My guess is less than five people saw what happened from a close enough distance to determine the truth, and that it intersects somewhere between what they all will swear to is the truth.

But, everyone will believe what they want based on certain social/financial status, and the other side is a villain in their minds no matter what the facts say.

Wish we could go back to a time this board wasn’t so caught up in having to be on one side or the other. Where we could all agree that the Redbirds sucked ass, but liked Ghost of Rick Lamb. That SWOMO blew, but we cheered the success of a Wichita kid playing well for them in yet another loss.

Instead, we, like all other parts of society, are divided by pre-conceived notions without basis. ”Marshall should be fired!” “Marshall should stay!” All justified by the “IF” they included to start a diatribe.

Regardless, I hope the facts come out, and the actions taken, prove that TODAY is a great day to be a Shocker.
        I'm not sure what Shaq had to gain by speaking out about this though. Or what the 7 or 8 other confirmed sources did either. Idk man, I hate to continuously go back and forth about it when it seems like the inevitable is going to happen regardless of what anyone tries to convince themselves of. We have a good program that GM clearly elevated, and he's gonna leave it in a better condition than he inherited it. Great fan support, produced pro players, winning tradition, nationally recognizable brand, upgraded conferences, nationally televised games, etc. All the things needed are in place to get back to winning at a high level if we make the right hire. I understand GM worked wonders for this program and city, I just wish it didn't happen through such an unfortunate manner. Hopefully in a couple weeks we can all go back to b*tching about Xs and Os and Morris being in foul trouble.

Comment

• [QUOTE=StunningSteve;n1259263]

This.

It is unreal how some folks act like this just “occurred” yesterday. No one knows what happened and Shaq’s behavior (playing well beyond that supposed day) offers no indication that he was aggrieved.

If this weak sauce is enough to fire the man then a lot more people need to be fired if you ask me.[/

Because there is a lot of people running around choking people on their management team and punching employees under them ? I think there has been enough people come forward to say there was a pattern of abuse. I certainly was a fan of Marshall at one point. That stopped when I found out what was going on. The reason more people haven't gone "on the record" is because many players don't want to be demonized by Shockers fans. Kinda like what I have seen with Shaq the last month. I give him "props" for actually deciding to finally tell the truth.
          The days of this kind of behavior being okay are over.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Shockadaisical;n1259285]
            Originally posted by StunningSteve View Post

This.

It is unreal how some folks act like this just “occurred” yesterday. No one knows what happened and Shaq’s behavior (playing well beyond that supposed day) offers no indication that he was aggrieved.

If this weak sauce is enough to fire the man then a lot more people need to be fired if you ask me.[/

Because there is a lot of people running around choking people on their management team and punching employees under them ? I think there has been enough people come forward to say there was a pattern of abuse. I certainly was a fan of Marshall at one point. That stopped when I found out what was going on. The reason more people haven't gone "on the record" is because many players don't want to be demonized by Shockers fans. Kinda like what I have seen with Shaq the last month. I give him "props" for actually deciding to finally tell the truth.
            The days of this kind of behavior being okay are over.
            Exactly when did you “find out what is going on”?

Comment

• Who are all these people in this thread?

I’ve heard all kinds of rumors from people that side with Marshall and people that side with Shaq. Everything I’ve heard is perfectly plausible and paints the other side in a VERY negative light. No one on this board knows what happened, and if they do they are smart enough to keep their mouth shut.

There are two sets of facts in every instance and the world had gone nuts!

God save WSU basketball!
              Livin the dream

Comment

• make shocker basketball great again

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

I just looked at her Facebook, to see how gleeful she is. She claims to have had COVID three times. I might end up liking that virus more than I anticipated.
                  Do you think she had COVID 3 times, or did she just misspell “clap”?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

Are you privy to the internal ongoings of the investigation and the evidence they've gathered? The university is very likely making these decisions based off of way more information than has been released to the public. We're all just speculating on articles and reports, but if the expected announcement of GM's departure tells you anything...
                    Bingo. If the school parts ways with GM does anyone think that decision will not be based upon clear evidence of physical abuse? If you think to the contrary then you simply believe the entirety of the powers that be along with legal counsel are fully incompetent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                      Everybody on this page. Comments #2836-#2848 give or take a few......................Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah.

“Newscoming” is 190 pages long. Let’s rehash the same ole stuff again. I’m just reading this thread because I’m wanting to see the Real News that’s still coming.
                      While you've been one of the biggest contributors.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Woah there big fella. What we know is that Gregg made contact with Shaq in an inappropriate manner. Eyewitness reports say it was a closed hand slap. Shaq calls it a punch, but that is up to interpretation. For instance, nobody does that in a boxing match, but to someone soft, it might seem like they were punched.
                        A closed hand slap is a punch fool lol

Comment

• My perception of Gregg hasn’t changed much but it sure has for SM and CF.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

While you've been one of the biggest contributors.
                            Why don’t you repeat both sides of facts again. I don’t think anyone is aware of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1989 View Post
                              A closed hand slap is a punch fool lol
                              The type of people who call that a punch also sit to pee.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                                My perception of Gregg hasn’t changed much but it sure has for SM and CF.
                                My perception of Marshall has been confirmed while my perception of former players has not changed one iota.

Comment

Working...
                                X