Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Who me? I rooting for GGG all the way, just wondered how one could compare clinton and 3g accusations
    that was me......it was the denial and the coverup that proved to be the undoing, not the actual act

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

An organization has a much lower bar as to what is considered "physical abuse" than the common man does. Organizations don't even want the _perception_ of physical abuse. That puts coaches in a precarious position.

There is no excuse for a history professor to ever put their hands on a student, run them down in front of other students, or to visit their living quarters. Good coaches are physically touching students on a near daily basis, are having to get lazy 19 year-olds' attention for not attending classes or paying attention/participating at practice, and sometimes have to check in on their where abouts at night to make sure they are obeying curfew and not out smoking dope at 3am. A history professor that never played D1 sports cannot possibly understand or relate to that dynamic, even if they imagine they can.

I expect experienced presidents and athletic directors to better understand that dynamic, because if they are experienced they have seen it play out over and over and have "heard it all". 19-year olds make bad decisions often. Coaches rarely. That doesn't mean coaches are infallible, but generally the adult in the room is ... the adult.
      So you’re saying all the History Professor has to do is give the student an F on his/her test. No need to put hands on throat, etc. Give an F on a couple of tests and wave bye bye. No running stairs, or lines for missing classes or blowing off a research paper. Sounds easy compared to coaching.

Comment

• It appears GGG has not been shaving lately?

Isn't the early signing period upon us? Why the silence? Is that an indicator?

Comment

• Did Sterling sign yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
            Did Sterling sign yet?
            It hasn't been announced. No doubt he is waiting along with the rest of us to see what happens with 3G. Good chance he may re-open his recruiting either way as the damage may have already been done. This has to create a lot of FUD in the young man's mind I would think.

Comment

• I started up a thread in the Miscellaneous, Off Topics forum that deals with Open Records Requests. I originally posted the web site in this thread many, many pages ago with regards to Marshall's contracts, and more recently dealing with exit interviews. I figured it would be easier to just point people to the Open Records Request thread if they're looking for things like contracts. For example, you can find links to Marshall's contract from 2015 and the amendment from 2017 and I would say right now I think we're in the Section 7 and 8 parts of the contract (the amendment had a slight change to section 8).

I check the requests log every so often to see if there's anything new. Yesterday (11/11/20) a new one popped up and it was a request from someone at ESPN for the contacts of the men's and women's basketball coaches. I imagine there will probably be a lot more requests over the next couple weeks.
              Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

So you’re saying all the History Professor has to do is give the student an F on his/her test. No need to put hands on throat, etc. Give an F on a couple of tests and wave bye bye. No running stairs, or lines for missing classes or blowing off a research paper. Sounds easy compared to coaching.
                  Right! No chasing a player or two down at a party for getting drunk the night before a tourney. Stuff like that.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• The history professor probably doesn’t have to deal with “migraine” issues as often too.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Eldridge retweeted a podcast Ron did this past week and commented on the GM allegations. Ron pretty much said he knew the boosters in the community were supporting GM for what he's done in Wichita the last 14 years, but "none of those people were in the gym when those things happened." So take that for what its worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post
                        Eldridge retweeted a podcast Ron did this past week and commented on the GM allegations. Ron pretty much said he knew the boosters in the community were supporting GM for what he's done in Wichita the last 14 years, but "none of those people were in the gym when those things happened." So take that for what its worth.
                        I heard that and I think he basically agreed it did happen. He said exactly what you posted. “When it happened”. I think he will stay pretty quiet.

Comment

• Listened to it, so much for the deniers

Comment

• I mean, if you really think NOTHING happened. Your head is wayyy in the sand and also wayyyyy up your ass.

Comment

• Honest question: what in this situation is different than with Jody Adams? The allegations against her were more timely, correct?
                              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Baker tipped his hand while knowing that doing so could impact his local business ambitions. He basically asked for forgiveness from boosters (for not defending HCGM).

Comment

Working...
                                X