Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is what we know:

Comment

• Three things come to mind while following all of this the past month.

- the overwhelming "pressure" to win and grow young men while not playing in the swamp (players paid).
      - cancel culture.
      - and crybabies.

The Shaq thing. Whatever. One of my favorite players...but lame man. Really? You almost injure your boy and coach comes unglued at you and then 5 years later? What-what???

The parking space episode? Total stress and pressure got the best of GM here. Was anybody hurt??? Move on and don't park in his space. Especially during a losing streak or dealing with a hungover player.

The chocking episode? I don't know about this one. Maybe if someone manned-up and didn't take the 5th or sat on his hands during games we could get some insight. How 'bout a comment Mr. former assistant. Feel free to speak up.

Anyways...lame...lame...lame.
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• . but-did-you-die-feat-1.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

My perception of Marshall has been confirmed while my perception of former players has not changed one iota.
          My perception of you has been confirmed also

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

My perception of Marshall has been confirmed while my perception of former players has not changed one iota.
            How ironic. SM and CF. Two of the players Gregg provided a second (and third) chance would not reciprocate. You were therefore a good judge of character while Gregg was not. Good for you.

Comment

• If only Shaq would have had a “migraine” that day of practice.

Marshall could have easily punted on Shaq. If he did none of this would have happened. I’m a weird way, quitting on someone might have been the correct call.

I reserve the right to change my mind. If Marshall is the monster people are making him out to be, then he should be gone. I, however, believe the story isn’t as black and white.

The Assman

Comment

• Are you serious? He's ****ing gone?

Holy ****!

Well, we are totally ****ed then.

I mean, Gregg Marshall is only the greatest coach in Shocker history. The AAC is collectively moaning right now. Now we're Tulsa w/o football.

The ghost of Mark Mangino and Bobby Knight are

Gregg had definitely lost his edge, but he had the potential to gain his second wind. I was waiting for it to happen in fact. Now we're going to hire a "nice guy" as a replacement. We're ****ed.

Oh well, at least I was front and center to experience a Shocker Golden Era. The trip to Atlanta will never be forgotten.

Thanks Gregg for all you did!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                  If only Shaq would have had a “migraine” that day of practice.

Marshall could have easily punted on Shaq. If he did none of this would have happened. I’m a weird way, quitting on someone might have been the correct call.

I reserve the right to change my mind. If Marshall is the monster people are making him out to be, then he should be gone. I, however, believe the story isn’t as black and white.
                  LOL Migraine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                    If only Shaq would have had a “migraine” that day of practice.

Can you imagine one of the laziest players to ever wear a Shocker uniform was able to bring down our venerable coach and program?

But he could dunk tho. Never under-estimate the big fella when he puts his mind to something.

Thanks Shaq!

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Can you imagine one of the laziest players to ever wear a Shocker uniform was able to bring down our venerable coach and program?

But he could dunk tho. Never under-estimate the big fella when he puts his mind to something.

Thanks Shaq!
                      Things slow tonight in the virus thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Things slow tonight in the virus thread?

Comment

LOL. Would do you some good to talk a little basketball for a while. Ya know, clear your head a bit. Welcome!

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

LOL. Would do you some good to talk a little basketball for a while. Ya know, clear your head a bit. Welcome!
                              Not a lot to talk about here besides speculation. An idle thread is the devil's (CB's) workshop.

And I have no interest in thoroughly internalizing the gravity of the situation. My cup runneth over with the rest of what 2020 is dishing out.

We are MVC-material with the stroke of a pen.

Or should I have said, 'stroke of a closed hand'.

Snowflakes...

Comment

My cup runneth over with the rest of what 2020 is dishing out.
                                Ain't that the truth. Truer words have never been said.
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X