Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock View Post

They would be if there was video, or if it wasn’t 5 years ago. Everything that happened was water under the bridge and the firing party was complicit. “Well we know that was a rough stretch and it’s all over, never to happen again, but now that the world knows that we knew all along we have to let you go.”

Marshall deserves every penny of his buyout if he is fired.
    This.

It is unreal how some folks act like this just “occurred” yesterday. No one knows what happened and Shaq’s behavior (playing well beyond that supposed day) offers no indication that he was aggrieved.

If this weak sauce is enough to fire the man then a lot more people need to be fired if you ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

They would be if there was video, or if it wasn’t 5 years ago. Everything that happened was water under the bridge and the firing party was complicit. “Well we know that was a rough stretch and it’s all over, never to happen again, but now that the world knows that we knew all along we have to let you go.”

Marshall deserves every penny of his buyout if he is fired.
      I mean I think everyone's wasted enough time going over this for the past month, but the people that were there confirmed it. You weren't there. You weren't part of the investigation. If you're willing to die on this hill then by all means, bury your head in the sand.

I don't care if GM punched a kid/choked another coach last year, 5 years ago, or 10 years ago - Wichita State shouldn't be employing him if those things are true. And clearly they must be if the administration is deciding to go separate ways.

Didn't GM always make it clear one guy wasn't bigger than the program? The irony.

We have everything a coach could need to continue to win at a high level, just gotta make the right hire.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

I mean I think everyone's wasted enough time going over this for the past month, but the people that were there confirmed it. You weren't there. You weren't part of the investigation. If you're willing to die on this hill then by all means, bury your head in the sand.

I don't care if GM punched a kid/choked another coach last year, 5 years ago, or 10 years ago - Wichita State shouldn't be employing him if those things are true. And clearly they must be if the administration is deciding to go separate ways.

Didn't GM always make it clear one guy wasn't bigger than the program? The irony.

We have everything a coach could need to continue to win at a high level, just gotta make the right hire.
        If the courts base thier opinions on unproven testimony while the players are not under oath, Trump will be president in a few days. Testimony of abuse of voter rights have been under oath in his case. But this case you don't seem to care. Accusations are easy to make, but proof is generally required to make them stick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

If the courts base thier opinions on unproven testimony while the players are not under oath, Trump will be president in a few days. Testimony of abuse of voter rights have been under oath in his case. But this case you don't seem to care. Accusations are easy to make, but proof is generally required to make them stick.
          for 15 million bucks, WSU will get those kids under oath

Comment

• I don’t have a problem saying that I do not believe that Gregg Marshall sucker punched Morris.

I think it’s pretty ridiculous.

Do I think Morris believes he did in retrospect 6 years later. Yes. I don’t think Morris thinks he’s lying.

But I also don’t believe that Marshall believes he’s lying about whatever happened.

Its all been lost to time unless there is a video.

Comment

• Originally posted by StunningSteve View Post
              I don’t have a problem saying that I do not believe that Gregg Marshall sucker punched Morris.

Do I think Morris believes he did in retrospect 6 years later. Yes. I don’t think Morris thinks he’s lying.

But I also don’t believe that Marshall believes he’s lying about whatever happened.

Gregg Marshall punched Shaq Morris dude. You need to get that in your head.

Comment

• The idea that 5 years is so long ago that it's now water under the bridge was blown up by Marshall himself. He sealed his fate the moment he went to the press and denied everything. He should have known that the players from that time frame were confirming everything. No one ever wins a he said/they said when "they" is 5 guys once and 8 guys another time.

So, suppose the law firm finished their investigation and delivered their report and that report indicates Marshall was lying when he denied everything. Any chance to sweep it under the rug was gone because Marshall had, just a few days before, burned the damn rug.

That made it pretty obvious that Marshall took no responsibility for his actions, has no remorse, is unwilling to apologize, and put himself in a position where his boss has to call him a liar. That's a REALLY bad look when personnel decisions have to be made. Marshall gambled that the players would deny everything to the investigators and he lost, which means we lost.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Are you privy to the internal ongoings of the investigation and the evidence they've gathered? The university is very likely making these decisions based off of way more information than has been released to the public. We're all just speculating on articles and reports, but if the expected announcement of GM's departure tells you anything...

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

Have you seem Gregg Marshall and Shaq Morris in person?

Not for one minute to I believe Marshall thought it a good idea to take a poke.

Do I think there was physicality of some kind after Morris had his collision with someone else?? Yes, I do.

But I don’t see Marshall punching that man. Even if he felt what he thought was a punch by a much smaller man... I doubt it was that.

What the players thought they saw in the aftermath is a big fish story.

Comment

• Originally posted by StunningSteve View Post
                      I don’t have a problem saying that I do not believe that Gregg Marshall sucker punched Morris.

somebody destroyed the video. Do you think it was Shaq?

Comment

Since you know that, which hand did he punch with? Was it open hand or closed fist? Where on Shaqs body did it land? I'm just curious and you appear to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

somebody destroyed the video. Do you think it was Shaq?
                          Perhaps it was the General Bob Knight who stole the video. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

Jessie Smollett.

Someone who has something to gain will do whatever he can to gain the support of those who want to believe its true.

From a distance, these could all be the sensationalized details we are hearing now. But what actually occurred could be very different.

I wasn’t there. I know someone who was. He didn’t think enough of the situation at the time to say something to me, other than Coach was heated when Shaq made a dangerous foul on Zach, and that he was surprised Zach wasn’t hurt.

He didn’t see a punch. Doesn’t mean it didn’t happen, but he didn’t see it. Wonder how many can say they told the full truth about what they saw, versus those who saw portions and believed what was said.

My guess is less than five people saw what happened from a close enough distance to determine the truth, and that it intersects somewhere between what they all will swear to is the truth.

But, everyone will believe what they want based on certain social/financial status, and the other side is a villain in their minds no matter what the facts say.

Wish we could go back to a time this board wasn’t so caught up in having to be on one side or the other. Where we could all agree that the Redbirds sucked ass, but liked Ghost of Rick Lamb. That SWOMO blew, but we cheered the success of a Wichita kid playing well for them in yet another loss.

Instead, we, like all other parts of society, are divided by pre-conceived notions without basis. ”Marshall should be fired!” “Marshall should stay!” All justified by the “IF” they included to start a diatribe.

Regardless, I hope the facts come out, and the actions taken, prove that TODAY is a great day to be a Shocker.

Last edited by Downtown Shocker Brown; November 11, 2020, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Woah there big fella. What we know is that Gregg made contact with Shaq in an inappropriate manner. Eyewitness reports say it was a closed hand slap. Shaq calls it a punch, but that is up to interpretation. For instance, nobody does that in a boxing match, but to someone soft, it might seem like they were punched.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Everybody on this page. Comments #2836-#2848 give or take a few......................Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah.

“Newscoming” is 190 pages long. Let’s rehash the same ole stuff again. I’m just reading this thread because I’m wanting to see the Real News that’s still coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X