• Show
Clear All

• Referring to UCONN seeing WSU in:

Comment

• check out the vertical by HCIB

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        Referring to UCONN seeing WSU in:

That's awesome. He seemed to be well liked among everyone there...fans and all.

I am happy for him.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

He once said he basically finds it hard to root for WSU, because somewhere the Koch Brothers are happy about it.

IDGAF about anything his says about WSU after that stupid comment.
          Hates WSU. Seth Davis has little man syndrome. Is he over 5' tall?
          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

To the contrary. 16 seeds should never have to have a play-in game and it irks me that they do. If they earn an automatic bid by winning their conference tournament, they should get to play in the real thing. Not the First Four.
            Disagree. If a team is made an 11 or a 12 than the committee obviously thinks that team is more deserving than 16 or 20 of the lower seeds and it shouldn't have to play its way in. If not, than that team shouldn't be an 11 or a 12. Make all the 16's a play in game. But actually the play in games are silly anyway. Either expand the field or do away with them.
            "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

To the contrary. 16 seeds should never have to have a play-in game and it irks me that they do. If they earn an automatic bid by winning their conference tournament, they should get to play in the real thing. Not the First Four.
              I agree. It's crappy that some conferences get a 16-seed and another has to play into won. If you win, you've earned your shot to knock off a Goliath.

That's why Lunardi's proposal is interesting.

Add 4 more teams and have, essentially, a Last 8 In. That way, all the bubble expanded, all those teams play each other to earn their way into the field of 64.

More exciting bubble games. More teams in. Little guys get their day in the sun. Everyone wins.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post

Disagree. If a team is made an 11 or a 12 than the committee obviously thinks that team is more deserving than 16 or 20 of the lower seeds and it shouldn't have to play its way in. If not, than that team shouldn't be an 11 or a 12. Make all the 16's a play in game. But actually the play in games are silly anyway. Either expand the field or do away with them.
                Think about it this way - all teams have the chance to get into the tourney by way of the conference tourneys. The conference tourneys can be thought of as the first round. Win and you’re in. Some teams (the at large teams) just get a double elimination option that the other teams don’t get. With that mindset it’s easy to understand why the last of the teams that get a second chance should have to prove they deserve it.

Comment

• Favorite fun games anyone? Mine look like Garza/Iowa vs. Mittgardt/Grand Canyon and Villanova vs. Winthrop (Villanova is not healthy).

Comment

• Chills. I love March Madness. Love our Shox!!!!

Comment

• I haven't looked up any scheduled game date or time, except for here on Shockernet.

My question is, IF we beat Drake Thursday, we'll play USC on Saturday? That doesn't sound right. No teams get a bye in the tournament. What did I miss?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                        I haven't looked up any scheduled game date or time, except for here on Shockernet.

My question is, IF we beat Drake Thursday, we'll play USC on Saturday? That doesn't sound right. No teams get a bye in the tournament. What did I miss?
                        Yes, we are a play-in team, so essentially USC gets a bye. Gotta get to an even 64 somehow.
                        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• NM

Comment

No, seed adjustments are not made. Replacement teams simply assume the same seed as the team they replace.
                            That’s a hell of a deal, kind of like flying standby and ending up in first class...

Comment

• Only at-larges can be replaced by at-larges.

If an AQ from a one-bid conference is out, they are replaced by another school from the conference.
                              The Assman

Comment

• If WSU can get by Drake and then USC, then in all probability they have Kansas? Guess you should never think that far ahead though. But apparently someone in the selection committee has a sense of humor.

Comment

Working...
                                X