No announcement yet.

2020-21 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Without Lomax at the point I can't see them winning anything.

Comment

• The Shockers made the dance. Asbjorn and Burton are dancing on their new teams. All the others who left will be watching at home. (Except Mo who decided to stay)
      I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Extremely thrilled to be wrong. Cannot believe it. Woooo!

Not thrilled to play a former conference foe with something to prove. Hopefully our guys aren't just happy to "make it". Need to clean up the garb done in Fort Worth. This team is capable of doing some things if they don't play hero ball and form some kind of a sense of offense.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Glad they don’t always listen to Lunardi, what a putz

Comment

• Memphis is good, very athletic and we’re on a roll. Played Houston tough both games. But the need to remember we beat Houston and had them on the ropes in Houston before we went on a long scoring drought, losing by 7. Memphis was good enough to be in, no doubt, just like we were before we won the NIT with Stuttgart and company. What we did this year, new coach,6 new players is nothing less than miraculous BABY....

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
              Memphis is good, very athletic and we’re on a roll. Played Houston tough both games. But the need to remember we beat Houston and had them on the ropes in Houston before we went on a long scoring drought, losing by 7. Memphis was good enough to be in, no doubt, just like we were before we won the NIT with Stuttgart and company. What we did this year, new coach,6 new players is nothing less than miraculous BABY....
              I know that's right. I got the T-shirt...

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                Glad they don’t always listen to Lunardi, what a putz
                Lunardi is just filler. He's now unemployed for the next 325 days.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
                  Gary Parrish couldn't be bothered. "Drake beats Wichita State and USC beats Drake" and on to bigger and more important things,.
                  Spoken like a true Memphis fan...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Spoken like a true Memphis fan...
                    lol absolutely.

Did he fill out an NIT bracket?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The worst power 5 conference received 5 bids. The American “power conference” received 2 bids. The Missouri Valley received 2 bids. The American Conference is a “mid-major” conference. WSU left the valley to join a “mid-major” conference?

The American Conference should be embarrassed. This conference needs to get a lot better next year. Memphis, SMU, and Cincinnati need to really step it up next year. Memphis has all that talent and can’t get into the real tournament. This conference is not good enough.

I think I feel a little better now.

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                        The worst power 5 conference received 5 bids. The American “power conference” received 2 bids. The Missouri Valley received 2 bids. The American Conference is a “mid-major” conference. WSU left the valley to join a “mid-major” conference?

The American Conference should be embarrassed. This conference needs to get a lot better next year. Memphis, SMU, and Cincinnati need to really step it up next year. Memphis has all that talent and can’t get into the real tournament. This conference is not good enough.

I agree and I think this year was an anomaly. PAC-12 only got 3 bids in 2019...this was the Americans’s down year.

Comment

The worst power 5 conference received 5 bids. The American “power conference” received 2 bids. The Missouri Valley received 2 bids. The American Conference is a “mid-major” conference. WSU left the valley to join a “mid-major” conference?

Agree in the respect the American needs to do a lot better. Penny better be on a short leash because he has WAY too much talent for the results he's been getting. Most of us would sell our mothers to have the recruiting classes he's had, and he's never even made the tournament. Cincy, SMU, and Temple should be in the NCAA most years; UCF and Tulsa should make it more than occasionally; we just need USF, Tulane, and ECU to not suck balls.

Disagree with the rest. Two bids is just about the worst the American will do. Two bids is the absolute best the MVC can do. You can't judge the conferences by a year when one's at its worst and the other is at its absolute best.
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• AAC will be back. Penny still finding his footing, Cincy has new coach, we have new coach. Other schools will be better. Top to bottom we are miles ahead of the Valley.

Comment

Total bids since the AAC was founded (2013-2014 season), minus WSU bids (in both conferences):

AAC - 19
                              MVC - 6

Still a LOT better, but I agree that power schools like Cinci and Memphis need to get back to were they should be.
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Total bids since the AAC was founded (2013-2014 season), minus WSU bids (in both conferences):

AAC - 19
                                MVC - 6

Still a LOT better, but I agree that power schools like Cinci and Memphis need to get back to were they should be.
                                Cinci has been on a great run the past 10 years. NCAA tournament appearances: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019. They are hardly the problem. Heck. They are COVID and 1 game away from making it 11 in a row.

Comment

Working...
                                X