2020-21 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

He once said he basically finds it hard to root for WSU, because somewhere the Koch Brothers are happy about it.

IDGAF about anything his says about WSU after that stupid comment.
    Counterpoint: Seth doesn’t seem to like *******, so he gets some slack for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

To the contrary. 16 seeds should never have to have a play-in game and it irks me that they do. If they earn an automatic bid by winning their conference tournament, they should get to play in the real thing. Not the First Four.
      I suspect the conferences disagree. Each conference wins a unit for a team getting in the tournament, and those conferences only get one team each year. A play in win equals a second unit awarded, and those units are worth millions. We earned $7.9 million for 5 units in 2013 for the MVC.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
        I haven't looked up any scheduled game date or time, except for here on Shockernet.

My question is, IF we beat Drake Thursday, we'll play USC on Saturday? That doesn't sound right. No teams get a bye in the tournament. What did I miss?
        Tourney is fri/sat/sun/mon this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post

Think about it this way - all teams have the chance to get into the tourney by way of the conference tourneys. The conference tourneys can be thought of as the first round. Win and you’re in. Some teams (the at large teams) just get a double elimination option that the other teams don’t get. With that mindset it’s easy to understand why the last of the teams that get a second chance should have to prove they deserve it.
          Then don't make those teams an 11 or a 12. Simple.
          "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
            Too many upsets last night. I’ll bet 100 dollars (will donate to a charity) we’re in the first 4 out.
            What local charity should I donate to? I’m so happy to be wrong.

Comment

I'm a fan of ICT S.O.S.

But I'm sure there are other worthy organizations
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Memphis with a 1 seed in the NIT. If any of their fans are on here, I’m super happy for you guys. Best of luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by champions5 View Post
                  Memphis with a 1 seed in the NIT. If any of their fans are on here, I’m super happy for you guys. Best of luck.
                  I didn't want them to take our spot... But memphis would slap Utah State and Syracuse around. It's too bad they took so long to get (basically until the second half of our game)

Comment

SASO

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

A team that beat 2 of the #1-seeds and a #2-seed? No thank you.

Not saying MSU deserved to be in or not, but they are clearly dangerous here lately.
                      Yep. BYU's reaction said it all.

Comment

• I’ve seen a few UCONN fans talking **** on WSU and the AAC.

They are still obsessed! Haha
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I love college sports ... But this is the part that I hate. So many times it seems like only 1 or 2 games really matter throughout the entire season. Either if you would have won that 1 game, or not lost that 1 game you are in. The rest are just there and don't count.
                          They all count. If you lose too many of the "other" games, the result of the important games are meaningless.

Comment

• Gary Parrish couldn't be bothered. "Drake beats Wichita State and USC beats Drake" and on to bigger and more important things,.
                            "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

Hates WSU. Seth Davis has little man syndrome. Is he over 5' tall?
                              He did call WSU to the Final Four before the Gonzaga game, but in fairness, he stole that from me.

Knowing my political leanings, and proximity to Charles, I'm certain the buttsting continues to this day.

Comment

• NCAA S-Curve

s-curve.JPG

Comment

Working...
                                X