2020-21 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F*** Yes!

Had a big post planned about Big 10 getting 9 teams in and other grumblings...forget all that, we dancing!

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

Yep. BYU's reaction said it all.
      what was their reaction?

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
        Gary Parrish couldn't be bothered. "Drake beats Wichita State and USC beats Drake" and on to bigger and more important things,.
        He’s just pissed WSU is in and Memphis was, yet again, and underachieving disappointment.
        The Assman

Comment

• Interesting stat on the bracketology show. We are 15-0 when scoring 65 pts. 1-5 when scoring less than 65.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Only single bid leagues can select a replacement from their conference. Multi bid leagues just pull from the first four out.
            What happens when the first four out is used up?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Probably start having forfeits. The replacement teams only happens between now and Tuesday night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

He’s just pissed WSU is in and Memphis was, yet again, and underachieving disappointment.
                I believe they had a big turnaround in their season.

They were 6-5 with no impressive wins (beat USF by 1) and losses to VCU by 11, W Kentucky by 6, and just lost their second game to Tulsa.

Since then, they are 10-3 with losses to SMU by 2 and 2 losses to Houston by a total of 5 points. Their 10 wins were by an average of 15 points.

Comment

• Originally posted by champions5 View Post
                  Memphis with a 1 seed in the NIT. If any of their fans are on here, I’m super happy for you guys. Best of luck.
                  According to 2020-21D1MBB_TournamentReplacementPolicy.pdf (ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com), 2.b.vi, any replacement team that doesn't get into the NCAA Championship, will still be a No. 1 seed in the NIT. Does that mean that Memphis will lose their No. 1 seed if there are no replacements necessary?

Any of the four replacement teams that does not make it into the NCAA championship would still be a No. 1 seed in the NIT and compete in the first round of that tournament March 17-20.

Comment

According to 2020-21D1MBB_TournamentReplacementPolicy.pdf (ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com), 2.b.vi, any replacement team that doesn't get into the NCAA Championship, will still be a No. 1 seed in the NIT. Does that mean that Memphis will lose their No. 1 seed if there are no replacements necessary?
                    No Memphis got a 1 seed because Louisville declined an invite to the NIT

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I believe they had a big turnaround in their season.

They were 6-5 with no impressive wins (beat USF by 1) and losses to VCU by 11, W Kentucky by 6, and just lost their second game to Tulsa.

Since then, they are 10-3 with losses to SMU by 2 and 2 losses to Houston by a total of 5 points. Their 10 wins were by an average of 15 points.
                      On talent, they should be up there (or better) with Houston.

If GM or KS (and one year in, I’d may have to included IB for now) had UofM’s roster, they’d be national title contenders.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Memphis should win the NIT hands down

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                          Memphis should win the NIT hands down
                          Depends on if Penny can motivate them. He was able to play the "Houston screwed us" angle to get them to play well vs Houston but I dunno if that will carry over to the NIT

Comment

• If Memphis and SMU win their first round game they will play each other in the 2nd round.
                            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Good question.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                                Memphis should win the NIT hands down
                                On talent alone I agree. Just depends how serious they take it.
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X