2020-21 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

That is necessarily true. If Houston wins out Houston will be #1 seed. That would put WSU and Memphis will be on the same side of the bracket.

Now if WSU picks up another game this weekend then WSU only has to win both games to be the #1 seed.
    Houston has not added a mid-week conference game and, as of now, doesn't look like they will. If we beat Tulane tomorrow and our Temple game is cancelled, we will be conference champion and #1 seed in the tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
      So Lunardi now has SMU and Memphis on the bubble above us Ridiculous. Although it’s a little bit of a strange situation. Does he ever list teams that are automatic qualifiers in the bubble as well. Because that creates sort of a strange situation where you would have a team in the field but also listed as next four out potentially.
      He does not list AQ as bubble teams. Honestly, this is playing out about as good as possible for the AAC. Shockers beat Houston and get another AAC team on the bubble. SMU and WSU don't have to play which keeps both teams on the bubble for now. Memphis continues to pound inferior teams without having to play SMU/WSU and rises onto the bubble. It was looking bleak but now the AAC has 1 lock and 3 bubble teams.

Comment

• Bracketmatrix has been updated. Shockers move up to the 2nd last team IN. Shockers are in 92/116 brackets.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Houston has not added a mid-week conference game and, as of now, doesn't look like they will. If we beat Tulane tomorrow and our Temple game is cancelled, we will be conference champion and #1 seed in the tournament.
          I think the only possibility that Houston could have added mid-week was Cincy. Cincy just scheduled a OOC game vs Vanderbilt mid week. So i think barring something crazy, we just need to beat Tulane to end up as the AAC champion. Unless we can get SMU at the end of the week .. I don't see the need to play another game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I think the only possibility that Houston could have added mid-week was Cincy. Cincy just scheduled a OOC game vs Vanderbilt mid week. So i think barring something crazy, we just need to beat Tulane to end up as the AAC champion. Unless we can get SMU at the end of the week .. I don't see the need to play another game.
            This. Then if we are playing the Sunday game in our tournament, we should be in the dance whether we win or lose the game.

Comment

• Do we really want to go two weeks without a game, play Tulane then go another week plus without playing before the conference tourney? We may not have a choice but that doesn’t seem ideal.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                Do we really want to go two weeks without a game, play Tulane then go another week plus without playing before the conference tourney? We may not have a choice but that doesn’t seem ideal.
                Yeah, I just don't see that we have a choice. Maybe bring in a tune-up type game beginning of next week prior to our tournament?

Comment

• Drake has won a lot of ball games this year.

Their Non-Con schedule:
                  Kansas State
                  South Dakota
                  Omaha
                  St. Ambrose
                  McKendree
                  Air Force
                  South Dakota
                  North Dakota

There was a year when WSU won a lot of ball games in the MVC.
                  WSU Non Conf Schedule that year:

Emporia State
                  Western Kentucky
                  William & Mary
                  Tennessee State
                  Tulsa
                  DePaul
                  Brigham Young
                  Saint Louis
                  Oral Roberts
                  Tennessee
                  Alabama
                  North Carolina Central
                  Davidson

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Yeah, I just don't see that we have a choice. Maybe bring in a tune-up type game beginning of next week prior to our tournament?
                    This would be ideal. Wonder who we could find for a tune up game that would agree to come to CKA and would have appropriate COVID protocols in place. Last thing we need is for the team to go on pause right before the AAC tourney.

Comment

• NM

Schedules are so screwed up anymore it hard to tell what is true and what is not.
                      Last edited by SB Shock; March 2, 2021, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• I simply don't understand...

Screenshot_20210302-194135_Chrome.jpg
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Watching the Memphis USF game and I got a kick out of the bracketology updates. They have SMU and Memphis in the next four out category.

Hey, good for the conference. And I do think either Memphis or SMU is probably tourney worthy in a normal year.

But neither team has a Q1 win on their resume and SMU hasn’t played a game in a month. ESPN Bracketologist thinks they’re more worthy of an at large than WSU? Come on, man!

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                            I simply don't understand...

Screenshot_20210302-194135_Chrome.jpg
                            You forgot to circle N. Texas and Wright St. At least Wright St has a somewhat gaudy record. Take a look at their non-con. Their conferences' NET are 15th and 23rd.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                              Watching the Memphis USF game and I got a kick out of the bracketology updates. They have SMU and Memphis in the next four out category.

Hey, good for the conference. And I do think either Memphis or SMU is probably tourney worthy in a normal year.

But neither team has a Q1 win on their resume and SMU hasn’t played a game in a month. ESPN Bracketologist thinks they’re more worthy of an at large than WSU? Come on, man!
                              ESPN doesn't list us because we are in the bracket already with the auto qualifier. I believe Lunardi recently said we would be close to in without the AQ

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

ESPN doesn't list us because we are in the bracket already with the auto qualifier. I believe Lunardi recently said we would be close to in without the AQ
                                Yeah, I didn’t expect to see us listed on the graphic since we’re currently in first place and penciled as the AQ. I just thought it was interesting that Lunardi had us nowhere near the cut line after our win against Houston, our second Q1 win of the year, yet now SMU and Memphis are considered next four out teams and neither has a single signature win to date.

Comment

Working...
                                X