2020-21 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

They should have revoked his AP vote 30 years ago.
    NM

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      If there was ever a year to expand the tournament, this might be the year. Expand to 136 since all games are being played in Indianapolis area. It would add excitement and likely profits to the NCAA coffers and could be accomplished. Give more of the 'little guys' a 'once in a lifetime' opportunity to participate. I know, I know, number 137 would say they got screwed. Well, I guess they could also allow all 351 teams to participate... unprecedented times call for unprecedented measures. I'm sure some teams would choose to opt out in a pandemic year, but give them the option. The top 64 (68) teams or more could receive a first round bye. I'm not smart enough to figure out a bracket, but it could be done. It would be total madness!

Why not just let everyone in.

Comment

• In a new article for the Eagle, everyone’s favorite AP voter, Jesse Newell, advocates disbanding the selection committee and using the wins above bubble metric to select the bracket.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
          In a new article for the Eagle, everyone’s favorite AP voter, Jesse Newell, advocates disbanding the selection committee and using the wins above bubble metric to select the bracket.
          In the last ‘WAB’ rankings we would be one of the last four teams in, so I agree!

Comment

In a new article for the Eagle, everyone’s favorite AP voter, Jesse Newell, advocates disbanding the selection committee and using the wins above bubble metric to select the bracket.
            Let me guess, KU is high in that metric?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Let me guess, KU is high in that metric?
              Like a 4 or 5 seed I think. Not sure where that is in comparison to bracketology. Your point is well taken and funny.

Comment

How do you determine which wins are "above bubble"? At some level doesn't using WAB to determine "who's in and who's out" become a circular logic problem?
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

How do you determine which wins are "above bubble"? At some level doesn't using WAB to determine "who's in and who's out" become a circular logic problem?
                  Kel Varnsen can explain it better than I can.

The article made it sound like it the metric creates an average bubble team by compiling stats of all bubble teams from a certain number of past years and then formulates how they would be expected to fare in any given game.

If, based on that calculation, the average bubble team is expected to beat team A 75% of the time and team B beats team A, team B gets .25 added to their “above bubble” score. If team B loses to team A, team B gets .75 subtracted from their “above bubble” score.

Not sure I understand the circular reference problem enough to say if that is an issue.

Comment

Kel Varnsen can explain it better than I can.

The article made it sound like it the metric creates an average bubble team by compiling stats of all bubble teams from a certain number of past years and then formulates how they would be expected to fare in any given game.

If, based on that calculation, the average bubble team is expected to beat team A 75% of the time and team B beats team A, team B gets .25 added to their “above bubble” score. If team B loses to team A, team B gets .75 subtracted from their “above bubble” score.

Not sure I understand the circular reference problem enough to say if that is an issue.
                    Ahhh, that makes more sense. It's not wins above real bubble teams, it's wins against hypothetical bubble teams.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• According to Joe Lunardi, Shockers would move to “next four out” group with a win on Thursday.

This is why I don’t actively follow bracketology. Hard to take this stuff too seriously.

Unfortunately each network spouts their “expert” like the gospel.

Comment

According to Joe Lunardi, Shockers would move to “next four out” group with a win on Thursday.

This is why I don’t actively follow bracketology. Hard to take this stuff too seriously.

Unfortunately each network spouts their “expert” like the gospel.
                        But wait, with a win Thursday that puts us in the position of the Americans auto qualifier. At least that’s how he’s always done it in the past.

Comment

• Since all conferences now have a tournament with auto-bid, all 351 teams DO have a shot to make the tournament.

Comment

• Are we in first place with a win tomorrow? Would we be regular season champs with 2 losses if we don’t play the full schedule?

Comment

• I saw on Twitter that the WCC worked with KenPom to determine their conference tournament seedings instead of it being based on unequal records. I would assume more conferences do something like that if some of these games don't get made up.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                                I saw on Twitter that the WCC worked with KenPom to determine their conference tournament seedings instead of it being based on unequal records. I would assume more conferences do something like that if some of these games don't get made up.
                                That would likely put us in 4th or worse position even if we have the best conference record. No thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X