No announcement yet.

2020-21 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love that every year we were in the Valley, everyone would question our resume. If we took a loss, it was the "end of our tournament hopes"

Meanwhile, Drake has two terrible losses, Valpo (NET 225) and Bradley (NET 168) and one "good" win, but are "solidly" an at large team.

Other stats:

Their SOS - 203, Non-Con - 308
    Average NET win - 196
    Average NET loss - 103

They've played three quad one games, ALL against Loyola and a whopping 11 quad four games!

Comment

• The bubble has gotten weaker and weaker, as long as we avoid an atomic bomb loss, we should be in.

BracketMatrix's latest update has WSU as the third 11 seed. We are now in 96/103 brackets. (93%). I think our current spot would have us in a first 4 game playing Drake.

Comment

• If we lose in the quarters Friday: 42%. Semis on Saturday: 57% (sweatin' time). Finals: 85% (probably higher).

Bottom line is we are not a lock right now, like half of the b10 & b10 are.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
          The bubble has gotten weaker and weaker, as long as we avoid an atomic bomb loss, we should be in.

BracketMatrix's latest update has WSU as the third 11 seed. We are now in 96/103 brackets. (93%). I think our current spot would have us in a first 4 game playing Drake.
          Wouldn’t it be nice to win the tourney and remove all doubt for once?

I’m with you, though, two wins and we’re in but I will still be very nervous on Sunday until I see WSU officially confirmed.

Comment

• Does the comittee still use last 10 games as a factor? I thought that used to be way back when.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Moved up today in some notable brackets. Lunardi has WSU a 11 seed facing Oregon. Palm has WSU as a 9 vs BYU.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

CBS Sports is helping you get ready for March Madness with the latest news, picks, and predictions for the 2024 NCAA Basketball Tournament Bracket.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
                Moved up today in some notable brackets. Lunardi has WSU a 11 seed facing Oregon. Palm has WSU as a 9 vs BYU.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba.../bracketology/
                Would like to avoid the 8/9 game but I’ll take it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                  I love that every year we were in the Valley, everyone would question our resume. If we took a loss, it was the "end of our tournament hopes"

Meanwhile, Drake has two terrible losses, Valpo (NET 225) and Bradley (NET 168) and one "good" win, but are "solidly" an at large team.

Other stats:

Their SOS - 203, Non-Con - 308
                  Average NET win - 196
                  Average NET loss - 103

They've played three quad one games, ALL against Loyola and a whopping 11 quad four games!

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Would like to avoid the 8/9 game but I’ll take it.
                    I like the 9 from a "safely in" standpoint.

I like the 11 because its a way easier path to a Sweet 16. 6 seeds are normally middling P5 teams, and then you get a 3 seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I like the 9 from a "safely in" standpoint.

I like the 11 because its a way easier path to a Sweet 16. 6 seeds are normally middling P5 teams, and then you get a 3 seed.
                      But wouldn't it be a kick to knock Gonzaga out of the tournament again?

Comment

• Two wins with one hopefully over SMU to give us another Q2 win. Should get it done. Can’t forget that multiple spots will most likely go to some bid stealers.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

Our metrics are low because most of our games have been toss-ups with two minutes remaining. Statistically we should be much closer to .500. From an analytical standpoint- we are the equivalent to flipping a coin hundreds of times and having a run of 7 straight “heads.” Unfortunately for us, analytic models do not have a way of measuring intangibles that allowed this team to win multiple close games.

One more note - these metrics have been friendly to WSU and Midmajors that take care of business. This isn’t a conspiracy.
                          But as mentioned a couple of pages ago, there is little mention to SOS when talking about the Shockers. Only adj O and adj D. SOS is an important statistics and finally mentioned in the article snippet below, but totally ignored by Lunardi, Palm, and other so called bracketology experts, and we still have no bad losses even with a top 25 SOS

Conspiracy? Maybe not, but it still looks like it.

"Wichita State. The Shockers rolled over South Florida 80-63 and now are building a case that will make it difficult for the committee to keep them out of the NCAA Tournament. The problem with WSU's profile is a NET score in the 60s. A top-25 non-conference strength of schedule should ultimately work in this group's favor."

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

But wouldn't it be a kick to knock Gonzaga out of the tournament again?
                            Nah, I want to see the Zags get a championship. I’d rather be matched up with one of the Big10 teams. I have a suspicion they are overrated.

Comment

• If it's WSU vs Memphis for the championship, it'll be interesting to see if the time of the championship game plays any role into if they both make it. Game starts at 2:15 pm central time and will probably be over by 4:30. Selection Sunday show starts at 5 pm central time - so it doesn't leave much time for the committee to change things unless they've already made up their mind by half time. The only other late game will the Big 10 championship that's suppose to start at 2:30 pm. The loser of a WSU vs Memphis game may get in, but I would think probably as one of the first four.
                              Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Nah, I want to see the Zags get a championship. I’d rather be matched up with one of the Big10 teams. I have a suspicion they are overrated.
                                WTH? You would rather lose to the Zags so they can win a championship? Come on, Pie!

Then let's kick Michigan's butt! Then the Zags on the finals.

Comment

Working...
                                X