No announcement yet.

2020-21 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I were on the selection committee, I would have two questions about WSU considering they have played about 5 games less than other tems. Why, when you had a chance in non-conference to play good D-1 teams did you choose to play Kansas Newman and Fort Hays State and not better competition?

The other is that when Houston had openings they found a game against Western Kentucky. You had more openings. Why couldn’t you get a non-conference game?

WSU has a decent resume, but I would have those questions. WSU needs to do really well in the tournament to ensure they get in and not give the committee a reason to leave them out.

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
      If I were on the selection committee, I would have two questions about WSU considering they have played about 5 games less than other tems. Why, when you had a chance in non-conference to play good D-1 teams did you choose to play Kansas Newman and Fort Hays State and not better competition?

The other is that when Houston had openings they found a game against Western Kentucky. You had more openings. Why couldn’t you get a non-conference game?

WSU has a decent resume, but I would have those questions. WSU needs to do really well in the tournament to ensure they get in and not give the committee a reason to leave them out.
      Did you not read any of Taylor’s coverage?

Obviously not because otherwise you would already know the answer these questions.

Oh, and we played Emporia State not Fort Hays.

Comment

• If the committee is digging that deep into our circumstances I would say it’s a good sign for us because there are very simple answers to all those questions. Plus, such in depth research would like uncover the fact that we played OSU and Memphis with a limited roster and couldn’t practice 5 on 5 in the weeks leading up to those games.

Comment

• Man, how much you guys rail on Drake for playing nobody is really ironic.

Comment

• Pie, thanks for the correction about Emporia State. I made a mistake. I do that.

Comment

• P,S. If I am on the selection committee, I am to reading Taylor Eldridge.

Comment

• I am not reading Taylor Eldridge if I am on the selection committee.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
                  Man, how much you guys rail on Drake for playing nobody is really ironic.
                  Not really. They highlight everything we hated about being in the Valley. Just because they actually won games doesn't excuse them from having a 240 SOS. You can use the "COVID Scheduling" excuse but they historically have always scheduled this bad. WSU never scheduled like Drake schedules.

Comment

• I think if we had just played a few more games (and won) regardless of quality, we would be in.

What we lack is just some overhead that the teams that have played 20+ games have. The tourney that we missed early on really hurt a lot.

I am confident that we can overcome it, but who knows.

If you would have said this is where we would be right now, the day after Marshall was let go, 100% of us would have jumped on it.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
                      Man, how much you guys rail on Drake for playing nobody is really ironic.
                      It is? Go back to WSU’s non con schedules in the Valley and compare.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I think it is funny how many people are like "Why didn't we just schedule more games?" As if it is that easy.

Comment

• The most important thing for this team is win and advance. Keep winning and this is moot.

Comment

I am not reading Taylor Eldridge if I am on the selection committee.
                            Definitely not. My point was just that I think the selection committee understands that this has been a crazy year and will lean towards giving teams the benefit of the doubt or at least asking for some additional information that could be easily provided by WSU/AAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Definitely not. My point was just that I think the selection committee understands that this has been a crazy year and will lean towards giving teams the benefit of the doubt or at least asking for some additional information that could be easily provided by WSU/AAC.
                              Let's not forget how much they love a good story. I'd say WSU qualifies as a feel good story this year they can pump on the broadcasts

Comment

P,S. If I am on the selection committee, I am to reading Taylor Eldridge.
                                But if they ask why as you suggest the answers are already in the public sphere or can be provided to them. If they have questions they refuse to seek a response to those questions should be considered irrelevent.

Comment

Working...
                                X