2020-21 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That's an Easy sweet 16 path with a win over Creighton then Liberty.
    Didn't see that one coming. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

That's the patented up and under move! She'll score every time

Comment

• IF we survive our QF game next week we should hope to play 4 seed SMU whose NET is 54. As of now that would be a Q2 game and could be a Q1 if they get down to 50. Houston in the championship would be a Q1. Playing Memphis (55) would probably be Q1 if they beat Houston.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
          IF we survive our QF game next week we should hope to play 4 seed SMU whose NET is 54. As of now that would be a Q2 game and could be a Q1 if they get down to 50. Houston in the championship would be a Q1. Playing Memphis (55) would probably be Q1 if they beat Houston.
          I'm not expecting SMU to win their first game. They haven't played or likely practiced much since Feb 8th. Plus they would be playing Cincy who already beat them and is playing way better now.

We will likely get one of USF or Temple in the first game then Cincy in the 2nd

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
            NET moved from 66 to 62 this morning.

Those canceled games against SMU are a killer... If WSU could have swept those and looked good doing so, I think the NET could have gotten into the low-50s.
            We're practically in the low 50's now. That said, when this year have we actually done the above to make that a realistic thing? Tulsa? They are not SMU. A split with SMU may have gotten us into the mid 50s.

Comment

• Shockers now in on 107 of 131 brackets on Bracket Matrix. We're now the No. 2 12 seed behind CSU and ahead of Drake and Seton Hall. Highest seed is 7.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• SMU is in 9 brackets and Memphis is in 5. I would think that we are the only possibility except for Houston that has an at large opportunity in the American. Both Memphis and SMU have to win the Tournament provided we win the American Conference Championship on Saturday. The NET won't be the only or maybe not even the most important portion of a team's resume this year imo. In most years it probably would be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  SMU is in 9 brackets and Memphis is in 5. I would think that we are the only possibility except for Houston that has an at large opportunity in the American. Both Memphis and SMU have to win the Tournament provided we win the American Conference Championship on Saturday. The NET won't be the only or maybe not even the most important portion of a team's resume this year imo. In most years it probably would be.
                  I think Memphis might have a shot if they win at Houston and get to the finals of the conference tourney which would mean (hopefully) they beat Houston again.

I don’t see that happening though. Maybe they have a chance to beat them in Forth Worth but I’ll be surprised if they get the upset in Houston.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I think Memphis might have a shot if they win at Houston and get to the finals of the conference tourney which would mean (hopefully) they beat Houston again.

I don’t see that happening though. Maybe they have a chance to beat them in Forth Worth but I’ll be surprised if they get the upset in Houston.
                    I don't see a good outcome for Memphis in the Houston game(s). No after the crying comment from . 01.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                      SMU is in 9 brackets and Memphis is in 5. I would think that we are the only possibility except for Houston that has an at large opportunity in the American. Both Memphis and SMU have to win the Tournament provided we win the American Conference Championship on Saturday. The NET won't be the only or maybe not even the most important portion of a team's resume this year imo. In most years it probably would be.
                      The pessimistic part of me thinks playing Memphis in the championship is a terrible scenario. If we make it to ‘ship and lose to Houston, are we in? I would say 60-40 yes. If we make it to ‘ship and play Memphis does that turn that game into a ‘win and in or out without’ for both teams? If Memphis beats us in title game does the Committee make the AAC a 3bid league? Ehhh I don’t think so.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

She's really talented...

Comment

• SMU has played 2 games since Feb 1. They shouldn't be in any brackets on principle.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post

The pessimistic part of me thinks playing Memphis in the championship is a terrible scenario. If we make it to ‘ship and lose to Houston, are we in? I would say 60-40 yes. If we make it to ‘ship and play Memphis does that turn that game into a ‘win and in or out without’ for both teams? If Memphis beats us in title game does the Committee make the AAC a 3bid league? Ehhh I don’t think so.
                            I could be wrong but I doubt number of bids per league is something found on the resume sheets the committee uses to select the tournament.

Like, if Memphis or WSU has a better resume than another team being considered I don’t see them saying “no, we have to put in this other team because AAC is a two bid league.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That's an Easy sweet 16 path with a win over Creighton then Liberty.
                              Love what you did there...:)

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I could be wrong but I doubt number of bids per league is something found on the resume sheets the committee uses to select the tournament.

Like, if Memphis or WSU has a better resume than another team being considered I don’t see them saying “no, we have to put in this other team because AAC is a two bid league.”
                                Not necessarily what I’m saying. More of I don’t know if our resume would stand up vs some of the other bubble teams and Memphis in that case would be ‘stealing’ our bid.

Comment

Working...
                                X