No announcement yet.

2020-21 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...and you gotta take at least 2 teams from the 7th rated conference that has ALL its teams rated 160 and better in the stupid NET Geez. My opinion...you gotta take 3 teams from the AAC.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I agree with your point... but have you seen how bad South Florida has fallen to? Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
        I agree with your point... but have you seen how bad South Florida has fallen to? Lol
        I have not. What are they?
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Let’s win one more game, have the American declare that the auto bid will go to the regular season champs and let Houston be the at-large.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
            Let’s win one more game, have the American declare that the auto bid will go to the regular season champs and let Houston be the at-large.
            But that is not going to happen. You do really understand that right?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

But that is not going to happen. You do really understand that right?
              The comment was a bit of a joke.

With that stated - has the American declared whether the tournament or regular season champ gets the auto bid? I was under the impression all leagues have the option to change up their auto bid selection until this week.

Comment

With that stated - has the American declared whether the tournament or regular season champ gets the auto bid? I was under the impression all leagues have the option to change up their auto bid selection until this week.
                I haven’t seen an “official” announcement but they’ve been selling tickets to the conference tourney for a couple of weeks so that’s probably as much of a confirmation as anything.

Comment

• After what we've seen for the last 2 months who would believe that every team in the conference will be participating in the tournament anyway? I sure don't.

It will be -ahem- interesting to see how the AAC tournament plays out.

Comment

Had to declare it by Feb 26th

Comment

• The TV money for the conference tourney is too much to pass up even if the tourney has teams unable to play due to Covid protocols.

We better hope the games against Tulane and Temple get played. There's been some bad basketball played by teams coming off long layoffs. Shox need those games - and obviously W's in those games - to prepare for the tourney.

Memphis is getting a better warmup game (Cincy), and I'm predicting a WSU/Memphis game in the conference tourney with the winner getting an NCAA invite.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        The TV money for the conference tourney is too much to pass up even if the tourney has teams unable to play due to Covid protocols.

We better hope the games against Tulane and Temple get played. There's been some bad basketball played by teams coming off long layoffs. Shox need those games - and obviously W's in those games - to prepare for the tourney.

Memphis is getting a better warmup game (Cincy), and I'm predicting a WSU/Memphis game in the conference tourney with the winner getting an NCAA invite.
                        Memphis will have to get through houston to get to us

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

I hadn't checked the seedings, but that would be a big plus for the Shox. If it's Shox/Coogs in the finals - Shox are in the NCAA's - possibly with a single-digit seed.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• We gotta beat Tulane to secure the 1 seed.

Comment

• So Lunardi now has SMU and Memphis on the bubble above us Ridiculous. Although it’s a little bit of a strange situation. Does he ever list teams that are automatic qualifiers in the bubble as well. Because that creates sort of a strange situation where you would have a team in the field but also listed as next four out potentially.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

That is necessarily true. If Houston wins out Houston will be #1 seed. That would put WSU and Memphis will be on the same side of the bracket.

Now if WSU picks up another game this weekend then WSU only has to win both games to be the #1 seed.

Comment

Working...
                                X