2020-21 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    Not playing yet getting a little love from Seth?

We were in his almost famous last week too.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Has there been a discussion of the NCAA's contingency plan?

2020-21D1MBB_TournamentReplacementPolicy.pdf (ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com)

I think the entire thing is incredibly relevant to both WSU and the ACC, as well as a couple of items I don't fully understand.

Am I reading this correctly? Once a bracket has been released, if a one bid team can't go, the conference can name a replacement, assuming they've been properly submitted, AND can provide 7 consecutive days of negative testing. I can all but promise you one bid leagues aren't going to have a team prepared for that contingency. WAY TOO expensive.

Also, I can't find where they say they'll find a replacement if a fill in team CAN'T provide that......and I assume because it will add to the at large.

If 1-6 bottom feeders get tossed for lack of protocol, and replaced by P5 at large, I won't be surprised.

Thoughts? Have I missed something?
      I believe that's correct.

Crazier protocol is that the first four out become "replacement teams" ... Those replacement teams will fill in directly at the same seed of the team that tested positive and had to be replaced. This is exactly how Duke is going to end up with a Top 4 seed this year

Comment

• And I didn't see anything about the "first four out " needing to provide 7 straight days of negative tests.

We need you to be safe, unless it's getting in a P5.

Comment

• If we have a conference tourney, we need to keep ECU and SMU out. Those guys are walking COVID cases.

Comment

• I'm starting to think that Aresco isn't scheduling WSU for any makeup games because he thinks the Shox are in. A loss against Memphis or SMU might be an elimination game. Not playing them eliminates that possibility. I think Waterman made a comment supporting that theory.

The downside is the long layoff. I've watched a couple of teams coming off of long layoffs and they've been rusty.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Can WSU and say Houston agree to scrimmage with no fans in attendance?

Comment

• Thinking the same thing (not rescheduling). The dots seem to line up for that line of thinking from Aresco. Shocks need to stay focused and win at Tulane and Temple!!!

Go Shocks!!!
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

10 is above the At large cutoff. Those are the last 11 and first 12 seeds. So we are in the last 4 byes or right above it.
                  Then who is the auto bid for the AAC?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Then who is the auto bid for the AAC?
                    We are likely the "auto bid" but we are high enough we would be an at large even if we werent the autobid

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

We are likely the "auto bid" but we are high enough we would be an at large even if we werent the autobid
                      That is the thing - if WSU is the auto, then they just had a great run through the AAC tournament and I can see them being 10 seed as they should pick up 2 Q1 victories. But as of today, I don't see WSU being a 10 seed - that just seem to be a stretch.

It will be interesting to see if Jerry Palm stays consistent.

Comment

• Blind resume time. 3 current bubble teams that are IN (as of now) plus WSU.

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 9.53.53 AM.png

Comment

• We’re team 2. Metrics still hate us. Team 4 is Drake. Gaudy records and metrics shouldn’t be rewarded when you played absolutely no one and didn’t try to play anybody either. I dunno who tf team 3 is but they shouldn’t be sniffing the dance. Let me guess. Some P5 middling crap turd?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Team 1 - Colorado State
                            Team 2 - Wichita State
                            Team 3 - VCU
                            Team 4 - Drake.

​​​​​​​I think.

Comment

• For those Curious, if the team sheets are the same as last year, here is where we stand on the metrics that are actually listed on the team sheets. Our results based metrics say we are solidly in. Our predictive metrics say NIT.

NET: 66
                              KPI: 37
                              SOR: 35
                              BPI: 99
                              KP: 74
                              SAG: 66

filedata/fetch?id=1283492&d=1614618670&type=thumb
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                Team 1 - Colorado State
                                Team 2 - Wichita State
                                Team 3 - VCU
                                Team 4 - Drake.

I think.
                                Correct. CSU (83 brackets), VCU (97 brackets), and Drake (88 brackets) are currently in the majority of 'experts' brackets. If we were not the current AQ, I don't think we would be in the 79 brackets on Bracket Matrix.

Comment

Working...
                                X