American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    So the fans want it, the coaches want it, the AD's want it, but the commissioner doesn't want it? Is this the Elgin of the AAC?
    They're twins, separated at birth and adopted by different families.
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• I think if given the opportunity, UConn would leave the AAC to go back to the Big East. IMO I think they should be in the Big East. The travel would make more sense, the rivalries, and the Big East Tournament. So many people including myself miss going to NYC for the Big East Tournament. Although everyone is saying there is no talk, I think there is.

Also, I believe that the AAC would add WSU as a basketball only member. Might be looking at Dayton and VCU too. I think the TV contract is what's keeping the AAC from adding WSU.

Comment

• At least we aren't sweating an at large bid and this situation for now.

Thanks, Shox!
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• There was a recent article about UConn going back to the Big East. IIRC it was written by the same guy that first came out with the WSU to the AAC story.

I believe UConn would and should go back to the Big East in a heartbeat if they were invited and could find somewhere to stash their football program. However I believe the real purpose behind the story was to stir the pot on AAC expansion. Shortly after that story came out we started to see the flood of WSU to the AAC rumors.
          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
            There was a recent article about UConn going back to the Big East. IIRC it was written by the same guy that first came out with the WSU to the AAC story.

I believe UConn would and should go back to the Big East in a heartbeat if they were invited and could find somewhere to stash their football program. However I believe the real purpose behind the story was to stir the pot on AAC expansion. Shortly after that story came out we started to see the flood of WSU to the AAC rumors.
            Serious but also stupid question: would you trade our NCAA bid for an AAC invite? Gotta blow this dump! I'd trade a guaranteed final 4 for a chance to leave our league. Let's go! I really think this has to happen. The curtain has been pulled back on our crap conference. Gotta go. Keep 3.3G happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
              Serious but also stupid question: would you trade our NCAA bid for an AAC invite? Gotta blow this dump! I'd trade a guaranteed final 4 for a chance to leave our league. Let's go! I really think this has to happen. The curtain has been pulled back on our crap conference. Gotta go. Keep 3.3G happy.
              I'd give the autobid up and take an at large bid ;)

Seriously though, probably yes. Though I think they could make a deep run this year, have to think the ROI is greater with a better conference in the long term.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                AAC commish Aresco doesn't seem to agree with the rumors floating around:
                Where did this quote come from? A quick search of the internet does not show that it even exists. The only one I found even close to this was from and article date June 14, 2014.

Comment

• But a deep run gets us substantially improved chance at a new conference as well. Gotta take a Final four. I think it would be crazy not to.
                  Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                    Where did this quote come from? A quick search of the internet does not show that it even exists. The only one I found even close to this was from and article date June 14, 2014.
                    Good catch! Yeah, that quote is months old, and google shows nothing from him recently. Someone just dug up an old quote.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                      I would not trade the bid regardless of how far we make it in the tourney. The will come a time (hopefully in the very distant future) when we will be talking about having a chance to end a very long NCAA drought so I try and cherish every appearance as if its our last one for a while.

Comment

• I'm hating myself as I post this.

Comment

• that sucks

Comment

• I now hate you as well.....

Comment

• That's depressing.. :(

Comment

• Disregard the "like", meant to quote.

The comment doesn't make any sense. We're all pretty sure things are happening. Whether anything comes out of those things is another matter.
                                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                                X