Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
    From the Bradley Board

And this is why this needs to happen and WSU needs to leave ASAP.
    Goodness that's depressing. Pretty much given up

Comment

• I always say, you can't save your way to prosperity.

Comment

• I saw some blog post on Twitter that broke down into detail why we should go to AAC.

I saw some blog post on Twitter that broke down into descriptive details why we should go to AAC. Maybe we should just keep looking out for a formal announcement broken by Suellentrop.

Welcome to Hoopsbeast, an independent basketball blog exploring the game since 2015. Dive into basketball’s history, rules, and trivia. Get the latest gear

No better place than the Big 12 geographically it seems. Guess we should just keep looking out for a formal announcement broken by Suellentrop. I don't know about y'all, but almost envitable sounds like a done deal.

Comment

From the Bradley Board

Yes.

The bigger issue is that I think there is going to be a riff in Div 1 BB altogether. I think that it will be deemed tgat there are too many teams and conferences and we need to be sure we are on the right side of that crack.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by WUpigsooie View Post
            Goodness that's depressing. Pretty much given up
            It's also rather insightful, logical, and realistic.

There is no way to compete without a significant donor base and loyal fan support. Most of the MVC is going to try to figure out how to survive on 3,000 to 4,000 tickets sold for each home basketball game. Bus rides to opponents' courts, tank of gas recruiting budgets, whatever assistant coach wants to try their luck at succeeding in that situation as the head coach, recruiting without "cost of attendance" stipends, and on and on.

The great divide isn't going to have to be legislated by the P5 or by the NCAA. It will pretty much just take care of itself.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              It's also rather insightful, logical, and realistic.
              That's why it's depressing.....

Comment

From the Bradley Board

Definitely not forward thinkers. MVC has been thinking backwards for far too long. Exactly the reason to pack our bags.

Comment

• Question is will we hang the Navy banner in Koch or just the other 11 AAC schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                    Question is will we hang the Navy banner in Koch or just the other 11 AAC schools.
                    I say hang it!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by MyManMcDuffie View Post
                      I saw some blog post on Twitter that broke down into detail why we should go to AAC.

I saw some blog post on Twitter that broke down into descriptive details why we should go to AAC. Maybe we should just keep looking out for a formal announcement broken by Suellentrop.

Welcome to Hoopsbeast, an independent basketball blog exploring the game since 2015. Dive into basketball’s history, rules, and trivia. Get the latest gear

No better place than the Big 12 geographically it seems. Guess we should just keep looking out for a formal announcement broken by Suellentrop. I don't know about y'all, but almost envitable sounds like a done deal.
                      The problem with that article is the author acts like the question is whether or not WSU will chooses the AAC. If that was the case we would have been in the AAC last year or even before.
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

From the Bradley Board
                        A better calculus is to deny such conferences any bids to the NCAA Tournament since such conferences make no real contributions to the status of D1 Basket ball.

At this point, the Valley should really be looking to do what all one-bid leagues try to do - minimumize expenses.
                        If you take the Summit League, Horizon League, Ohio Valley, and Missouri Valley, you have four low-to-mid conferences in the overlapping footprints. It isn't logical.

These leagues shouldn't be thinking of one-off additions. The reality has changed, the calculus should be for the most efficient operation of the athletic departments.
                        The Midwestern one-bid leagues should be thinking in terms of a comprehensive reshuffling across geographic lines within the footprint. Frankly, UIC, EIU, ISU, SIU, BU, LUC, etc, etc should be in the same league. Same applies for Indiana and the others. The brand equity of the league is mostly gone and it's not coming back.

Running efficiently is the only viable way to move forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                          Yes.

The bigger issue is that I think there is going to be a riff in Div 1 BB altogether. I think that it will be deemed tgat there are too many teams and conferences and we need to be sure we are on the right side of that crack.
                          Similar to FBS vs FCS? Could be, depending on the $ involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                            Question is will we hang the Navy banner in Koch or just the other 11 AAC schools.
                            No - they play basketball in the Patriot League

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              No - they play basketball in the Patriot League
                              Not only that, we don't hang one in Koch for DBU or Stony Brook and we even play them in MVC play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                                A better calculus is to deny such conferences any bids to the NCAA Tournament since such conferences make no real contributions to the status of D1 Basket ball.
                                Puke.

Comment

Working...
                                X