American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GampelCraizes View Post
    UConn fan here. Would love to see Wichita State in the AAC. Think it's a win-win.
    Not too long ago, there was mild talk about maybe scheduling a series and I was really hoping for that. Now there's a chance we could see UCONN every season? Count me in! I used to be pretty nostalgic towards staying in the MVC (and just hoping it would improve itself) but so much time has passed with no progress that I've given up on that. I would love to see WSU in the AAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
      Not too long ago, there was mild talk about maybe scheduling a series and I was really hoping for that. Now there's a chance we could see UCONN every season? Count me in! I used to be pretty nostalgic towards staying in the MVC (and just hoping it would improve itself) but so much time has passed with no progress that I've given up on that. I would love to see WSU in the AAC.
      My thoughts exactly. I have fond memories of our conference and what it used to be, recently and in the distant past. I had really hoped this league could improve but that ship has sailed. Time to move on. We are certainly ready.

Comment

UConn fan here. Would love to see Wichita State in the AAC. Think it's a win-win.
        Got my fingers crossed that in the next year or two we can login to each other's message boards for some friendly competitive banter before upcoming conference games.

Welcome to Shockernet.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Welcome! Thanks for the endorsement!

Take these words home with you!! Sing them from the mountain top!! Spread it far and wide!! Let your voice be heard!!

We'll have to join together as brothers!!

;)
          The Assman

Comment

but then i wouldn't like to see uconn depart the aac for the (new) big east. 'sounding like that may happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
              but then i wouldn't like to see uconn depart the aac for the (new) big east. 'sounding like that may happen.
              I think that article was either pure clickbait or UConn stirring the pot trying to get expansion going. I personally think it was the latter as the WSU to the AAC talk really picked up shortly after the UConn might rejoin the Big East article came out.
              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• AAC commish Aresco doesn't seem to agree with the rumors floating around:

Jason Horowitz @HorowitzJason

"we're not under any circumstances going back to big east model having basketball only schools" @American_Conf comish Aresco on expansion

Comment

• From the AAC Conference Board

Just heard Aresco on sports radio downplaying any interest in one trick pony membership and that the AAC found no one of interest to add for football. But, he didn't deny anything either.
                  Aresco is the AAC commissioner.

Good thing about WSU is we are not a one trick pony.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    AAC commish Aresco doesn't seem to agree with the rumors floating around:
                    I agree with him. The AAC would not be adding us as basketball-only.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                      I agree with him. The AAC would not be adding us as basketball-only.
                      I would hope he wouldn't be that obtuse.

Or maybe I would.

Comment

AAC commish Aresco doesn't seem to agree with the rumors floating around:
                        Jason Horowitz @HorowitzJason

"we're not under any circumstances going back to big east model having basketball only schools" @American_Conf comish Aresco on expansion

“I'm not going to be the Alabama coach” - Saban
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                          The presence of schools like UConn (state institution that plays football and has some aspirations in that sport) is precisely what led to the creation of the Big Priest, and the ecumenical move to add Butler changes their fundamental approach not at all. Zero reason to believe they'd do a 180.

Comment

I would hope he wouldn't be that obtuse.

Or maybe I would.
                            The Assman

Comment

• And just like that..any dreams and hope of getting out of this sh*tty conference destroyed.
                              Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• This was from the Kansas.com article a few days ago: Wichita State president John Bardo declined comment Thursday. Any move made by WSU, athletic director Darron Boatright has said, would include all sports.

And now today we have: "We're not under any circumstances going back to big east model having basketball only schools"

Perhaps I am too much of an optimist, but both of those statements seem to match up to me. If WSU goes, they will bring all sports with them to the AAC. Now if I read a future quote specifically mentioning wanting schools with football, then yeah the nail to the coffin is in there. I personally think nothing has changed today.

Comment

Working...
                                X