No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thing to keep in mind is that "basketball only" is a lazy way of saying "all sports except football". You wouldn't think a league commish wouldn't devalue all the other sports in his conference by using that term in that context. But who knows for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      AAC commish Aresco doesn't seem to agree with the rumors floating around:
      Football coming back .. confirmed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Football coming back .. confirmed!
        Ha

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          They nerves are setting in around the MVC

http://thetailgatesociety.com/2017/0...ssouri-valley/
          Those teams won't fly with Doug Elgin. He will pick Chicago St due to their large media market. The valley would have a strangle hold the Chicago market. Good job Elgin....... :/
          Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
          Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by capnkirk View Post
            Those teams won't fly with Doug Elgin. He will pick Chicago St due to their large media market. The valley would have a strangle hold the Chicago market. Good job Elgin....... :/
            Think of the cost savings for MSU. They can just use tape and Sharpie to write Chicago over Wichita on their "Wichita is not a state" shirts!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              Think of the cost savings for MSU. They can just use tape and Sharpie to write Chicago over Wichita on their "Wichita is not a state" shirts!
              They'll have to copy it from somewhere. No way those hillbillies can spell Chicago without help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                They'll have to copy it from somewhere. No way those hillbillies can spell Chicago without help.
                Shikago is not a state!

Comment

• Originally posted by GampelCraizes View Post
                  UConn fan here. Would love to see Wichita State in the AAC. Think it's a win-win.
                  Pretty sure this post got more "like" and "thanks" traffic than anything I've ever seen on this message board. Just saying.

I suppose the one thing I would ask would be if there is any inside information beyond what is coming out in the news currently. Things that AAC fans may be discussing that we haven't heard here. The general updates we see in national news look to be pretty strong indicators that a move is likely, but they are generally pretty guarded and in the end are always framed like "its a possibility." I wonder if it is beyond that and if there is more to be known than the vague stuff I keep seeing.

Comment

• Like I was told earlier in this thread. The commish doesn't make the decisions. The member school Presidents do.

I'm keep hope alive that we get an invite but all we hear right now is a rumor.

Comment

• I hope this AAC business isn't much ado about nothing.
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Whenever they make an announcement, they should do it by inviting the university presidents from all three schools. Have them all get together with a ton of buildup and let Steve Harvey announce who gets the invite :)

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                          but then i wouldn't like to see uconn depart the aac for the (new) big east. 'sounding like that may happen.
                          I don't see how UConn is a fit for the new big priest. They are public, large (30,000+ students) and play football.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                            I don't see how UConn is a fit for the new big priest. They are public, large (30,000+ students) and play football.
                            i didn't pull that out of my ass. i read it somewhere or another just recently that uconn is looking to get out of the aac and back to the (new) big east.

i've also heard some talk over the last two years, for example, about maybe wichita state to the big east.. crack the catholic code. don't you remember that? unlikely to ever happen, but there was some talk about it. now, uconn i could see pulling that one off.

maybe our new huskies friend could enlighten us about a possible move out of the aac by connecticut.

Comment

• When realignment was in its young days, one of the first things to happen was the B12 had some disagreements among the schools and the league office. The B12 Commissioner got fired over that. The Presidents control what the league does and they control the contract of the Commissioner.

This may be one of the "obstacles that have to be overcome" that were mentioned when the current speculation surfaced.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                AAC commish Aresco doesn't seem to agree with the rumors floating around:
                                So the fans want it, the coaches want it, the AD's want it, but the commissioner doesn't want it? Is this the Elgin of the AAC?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X