No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could be posturing. Have to make sure all your "i's" are dotted and "t's" are crossed before announcing a move like this.
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Nope. Living in your mom's bedroom.
      My moms dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
        My moms dead.
        Are you related to Mr. Obvious?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          Could be posturing. Have to make sure all your "i's" are dotted and "t's" are crossed before announcing a move like this.
          I'd imagine there is a bit of negotiating to happen with this. He also said they aren't expanding ... must be waiting to announce they are ejecting a lower level member for us ... :)

Comment

• Now I really want to play SMU or Cincinnati in the NCAA tournament.
            Professional gas passer.

Comment

• I'm biased, but I think the AAC is chasing fools gold with football. Football is going to keep pricing the non P5 schools out of the BCS market. I don't know if all of the talk is just a phony story to get clicks or what.

But we need a new conference fast. But then again, maybe we can land with some like minded leftovers after the next major shuffle happens.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                  I'm biased, but I think the AAC is chasing fools gold with football. Football is going to keep pricing the non P5 schools out of the BCS market. I don't know if all of the talk is just a phony story to get clicks or what.

But we need a new conference fast. But then again, maybe we can land with some like minded leftovers after the next major shuffle happens.
                  Maybe nothing is actually happening. But if so, why all the long faces in Stl and the gloomy mood of Elgin. The no comment stuff etc. I would assume he is in the know to the extent this is a very likely move. Also the Mike Kennedy comment about not if but when. These people know something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                    Maybe nothing is actually happening. But if so, why all the long faces in Stl and the gloomy mood of Elgin. The no comment stuff etc. I would assume he is in the know to the extent this is a very likely move. Also the Mike Kennedy comment about not if but when. These people know something.
                    Mike Kennedy? You can't believe any of his lies. He's part of the fake news press.

Comment

• Yeah, the endless speculation and trying to read the tea leaves is like a roller coaster and gets really old, but when you get the golden ticket and your name is called it will be all the sweeter. And yes, you should trade any single season's postseason result for a chance to elevate your program and escape the MVC.

Comment

• Like Henrno mentioned..."politicing". It's all about chasing the money tree...keeping it close to the vest...quitely negotiating...feeling out other programs...feeling out what the plans are for other conferences...etc. AAC commish just doing his job and have to believe doing his job well regarding all this.

Let's see what developes over the next month...in particular within March Madness. ;)
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I'll believe the move when I see it. Until then I just hope for some improvement within the league. I think ISUR will be good again next year with Fayne and McIntosh back along with their 7- footer Ndjaye. They should challenge us. Plus UNI will more than likely improve over this year, Jacobson is a good coach and they have had a lot of success over the last 10 years. Missouri State with there young talent will be improved and can be a problem. I thought MSU played good in St. Lou. I just hope the league can get back to the level it was 4 or 5 yrs ago, and if we can move to a better situation, I'm all for it. Where ever the Shocks are, I'm still a fan, till death

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                            Until then I just hope for some improvement within the league. I think ISUR will be good again next year with Fayne and McIntosh back along with their 7- footer Ndjaye. They should challenge us. Plus UNI will more than likely improve over this year, Jacobson is a good coach and they have had a lot of success over the last 10 years. Missouri State with there young talent will be improved and can be a problem. I thought MSU played good in St. Lou. I just hope the league can get back to the level it was 4 or 5 yrs ago, and if we can move to a better situation, I'm all for it. Where ever the Shocks are, I'm still a fan, till death
                            +1, except I can't imagine anyone challenging us in the Valley.

Comment

• I'm in vegas right now for work and holy crap I want WSU to join the mountain west conference.

Their tourney is going on right now and yeah unlv gets an edge but I'd so much rather fly to vegas and stay here than St. Louis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                                I'm in vegas right now for work and holy crap I want WSU to join the mountain west conference.

Their tourney is going on right now and yeah unlv gets an edge but I'd so much rather fly to vegas and stay here than St. Louis.
                                I was begging for it back when Vegas was part of the RFP for the MVC. Elgin just wanted to give me false hope that it could be literally anywhere but St. Louis.

Comment

Working...
                                X