No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing North Dakota State and Missouri State, might I discuss scheduling? Guaranteeing a win for the Bears this season in football is a home game against the always tough Moundbuilders of Southwestern College. NDSU plays only FCS and above. Last year, the Bears secured their only victory against NCAA D-2 Chadron State. Apparently, the Bears feel better about their team this year, as Southwestern College is D-1. NAIA D-1, but still D-1. Or are they NAIA D-3? I don't know, they're from Kansas, somebody figure it out.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
      Comparing North Dakota State and Missouri State, might I discuss scheduling? Guaranteeing a win for the Bears this season in football is a home game against the always tough Moundbuilders of Southwestern College. NDSU plays only FCS and above. Last year, the Bears secured their only victory against NCAA D-2 Chadron State. Apparently, the Bears feel better about their team this year, as Southwestern College is D-1. NAIA D-1, but still D-1. Or are they NAIA D-3? I don't know, they're from Kansas, somebody figure it out.
      NAIA is an entirely separate entity from the NCAA, but roughly speaking NAIA is similar in competition to NCAA D2.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Comparing North Dakota State and Missouri State, might I discuss scheduling? Guaranteeing a win for the Bears this season in football is a home game against the always tough Moundbuilders of Southwestern College. NDSU plays only FCS and above. Last year, the Bears secured their only victory against NCAA D-2 Chadron State. Apparently, the Bears feel better about their team this year, as Southwestern College is D-1. NAIA D-1, but still D-1. Or are they NAIA D-3? I don't know, they're from Kansas, somebody figure it out.
        Go Moundbuilders!!! We won four straight KCAC championships in football when I was there, but they haven't been good in 15 years.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• I am a big fan of both SDSU and NDSU. I rarely agree with John on anything, but I agree with him completely on the Dakota schools. They have incredibly passionate fans, even in sports like softball. They are a close #2 to the University of Minnesota in the Twin Cities and state of Minnesota on the whole. They will be going places in the near future in a lot of sports. I mean look at their geography and how good they are at softball. Defies logic.

Comment

• Interesting comments fom Dr. Bardo on KTVH this evening. Admits that football as a stand alone will not be profitable. However, the business case has to consider all the benefits including, but not limited to, increased enrollment. Compares the decision process to a chess game where strategies are to be calculated and haste can lead to wrong moves.

More to come at 10.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
              NAIA is an entirely separate entity from the NCAA, but roughly speaking NAIA is similar in competition to NCAA D2.
              No way. Not even close.

Comment

• cheaper than football:
                For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                - said no one ever...

Comment

• 807 undergrad and 31 grad students from Hennepin County (Mpls) 5,702 undergrads and
                  364 grad students Minnesota statewide. Professional degrees brings the total of students from Mn.to 6,219. These demos do force the inclusion of the Twin Cities as a demgraphic to include when considering Notth Dakota State in expansion plans.

221 students from Ramsey County (St. Paul)

Last edited by MoValley John; May 17, 2016, 08:56 PM.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    No way. Not even close.
                    My meaning was in terms of closest comparison to the NCAA divisions, but you are right.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                      I'd say the average NAIA team is equal to an average D3 squad. The top 20%ish of NAIA/D3 teams would be comparable to the average D2 team.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        I'd say the average NAIA team is equal to an average D3 squad. The top 20%ish of NAIA/D3 teams would be comparable to the average D2 team.
                        So you are saying... Missouri State has a chance!

Comment

• After hearing comments from Dr. Bardo(including today's) and after hearing the numbers, I'm cautiously optimistic that we will see the resurgence of Wichita State football in the very near future. Now at what level, I'm not sure.
                          Last edited by DPruett2333; May 17, 2016, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Here are two pieces from tonight's KWCH newscast:

Wichita State University is researching through a third party, and they expect to get a report back at the end of May or early June.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              Here are two pieces from tonight's KWCH newscast:

Wichita State University is researching through a third party, and they expect to get a report back at the end of May or early June.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Ren...379879971.html
                              One looks at stadiums like North Texas or Akron, and you can see why the entire experience is positive. Cessna Stadium is simply awful. I do not see how $20m could slightly make it a stadium that anyone would get excited to witness a football game. It's akin to the old HLA before renovations or decent design. What a terrible design!
                              Would love to see a nice new stadium.

Comment

So you are saying... Missouri State has a chance!
                                Hey I said average. Things get murky below the averages.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X