• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    Evansville's finishes the last six seasons:

2016 - 2nd
    2015 - 5th
    2014 - 9th
    2013 - 4th
    2012 - 4th
    2011 - 6th

Now, granted, they had some terrible years before that. But it's not like they're a perennial Bradley or Missouri State.
    Evansville does not hold a candle to MSU in men's basketball since both joined the Valley. Evansville was 16 conference games over .500 after the first 5 years in the Valley. Over the last 17 years, they have had 2 conference records over .500 and one of those was 10-8.

Comment

• Here's my question: Were Colt Ryan, D.J. Balentine and Czechoslovakalicious not really as good as they looked but were fortunate that the system and scheduling at UE made them look special? or was it that the rest of UE (program, players and coaches) was just SO bad that 3 of the best players I've seen in the MVC couldn't win anything ever for like 8 straight years? I don't really know what to think, but I know that I am frustrated a little on their behalf because I really like all of those guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
        Here's my question: Were Colt Ryan, D.J. Balentine and Czechoslovakalicious not really as good as they looked but were fortunate that the system and scheduling at UE made them look special? or was it that the rest of UE (program, players and coaches) was just SO bad that 3 of the best players I've seen in the MVC couldn't win anything ever for like 8 straight years? I don't really know what to think, but I know that I am frustrated a little on their behalf because I really like all of those guys.
        Ryan and Balentine were not as good as their numbers. They also only played one end of the court. But they were good. They could definitely fill it up. Their numbers were a product of a system that led to being a first-teamer on a 6th-place team.

Mock was a beast that was seriously under-utilized.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          Ryan and Balentine were not as good as their numbers. They also only played one end of the court. But they were good. They could definitely fill it up. Their numbers were a product of a system that led to being a first-teamer on a 6th-place team.

Mock was a beast that was seriously under-utilized.
          Could you imagine what Mock would have been like in the black and gold? Lordy...
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Mock was good. The others were good scorers.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Mock in Wichita would've led to another Final Four.

I'm a younger fan, but Mock is my favorite non-Shocker Valley player of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGirl View Post
                Mock in Wichita would've led to another Final Four.

I'm a younger fan, but Mock is my favorite non-Shocker Valley player of all time.
                I am an older fan, but now I feel really, really old.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  I am an older fan, but now I feel really, really old.
                  Same here... :(

Larry Bird
                  Hersey Hawkins
                  Oscar “The Big O” Robertson
                  Maurice Cheeks
                  Lewis “Black Magic” Lloyd
                  Paul “The Rubber Band Man” Pressey
                  Wes Unseld
                  Chet “The Jet” Walker
                  Mike “To the Moon” Glenn (just kiddin’)
                  Slab “Concrete Hands” Jones (kiddin’ again)
                  Mitchell “J. J.” Anderson
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• We should be careful which sport we hitch our wagon to... http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/08/medi...own/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      Same here... :(

Larry Bird
                      Hersey Hawkins
                      Oscar “The Big O” Robertson
                      Maurice Cheeks
                      Lewis “Black Magic” Lloyd
                      Paul “The Rubber Band Man” Pressey
                      Wes Unseld
                      Chet “The Jet” Walker
                      Mike “To the Moon” Glenn (just kiddin’)
                      Slab “Concrete Hands” Jones (kiddin’ again)
                      Mitchell “J. J.” Anderson
                      Is Slab related to EO?
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• "Talk of Creighton resurgence at Big East media day would be just fine with Jays" - Omaha World-Herald

By Jon Nyatawa, staff writer
                        10/11/16, 10:00am

"...Is it time for the conference to expand?

...Programs such as VCU, Wichita State and Dayton don’t have the same type of national appeal (as Connecticut), but they could improve quality and reputation. It’s always a complicated question. Recent on-court success isn’t the only factor considered....So the league may have to one day sacrifice congruence for sustained relevance...."

So the Creighton's needs us "improve their quality and reputation" of their league, and so their current league can maintain "relevance"? They are probably gathering torches and pitchforks or buckets of tar and bags of feathers for this guy!

Comment

• The Big East would be hands down the best option if it happened!

Comment

• An only slightly related anecdote: I was in Omaha this past weekend for a marching band competition. The only time I saw the word "Creighton" was on the side of one of their campus buildings as I drove by. No t-shirts. No hats. No auto adornments. No billboards. No memorabilia that I could see anywhere. I proudly wore my WSU hat and jacket everywhere we went. I don't even recall getting any weird looks. Do they bus in fans to fill their arena on game days? Does Omaha really care about their seemingly invisible Bluejays?

Comment

• That place has and will always be a Husker town.

The only time Creighton gets any play is when they get people excited about their $5 beer promos or Joan of Arc discount nights.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                That place has and will always be a Husker town.

The only time Creighton gets any play is when they get people excited about their $5 beer promos or Joan of Arc discount nights.
                                $5? Is that promo for hoity-toity night?

Comment

Working...
                                X