No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If our administration doesn't take advantage of the Final Four run and #5 ranking to get us out of the freaking Valley, it will be a HUGE opportunity wasted.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
      If our administration doesn't take advantage of the Final Four run and #5 ranking to get us out of the freaking Valley, it will be a HUGE opportunity wasted.
      Amen, the BE, MW and AAC should be sick of hearing from Eric Sexton by now from all the interest. I guess for all we know the AD has been looking. It just seems crazy that they would be content boosting 9 other programs while getting nothing but horrid RPI games night after night in return.

Comment

• I'm absolutely sure the WSU administration is doing all they can to get us out of the MVC. It takes two to tango though.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          What happens to the Big Priest if Fox Sports 1 folds?

I havent seen ratings, but all it seems to be is MMA and big east basketball. Along with more copy cat talk shows.
          So basically all ****?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            So basically all ****?
            Well, unless you have a mullet and live in a mobile home.

Comment

So basically all ****?
              I'd rather be on fs1 that's national than cox 22 local only available in wichita and surrounding.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                I'd rather be on fs1 that's national than cox 22 local only available in wichita and surrounding.
                Well so I. It'd be funny if that money to the Big East dried up when the station goes belly up.

But Fox may be willing to lose money on it, with the hope of doing something else with it in the future.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

If we were to get on FS1 instead of KS22 we'd get 0 games on ESPN. Based on the numbers @shox1989 posted here http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...795#post448795, we have it much better with our current setup.

EDIT: 0 games on ESPN is an exaggeration, we'd probably get our MTE games on there. Still, not worth it.

Comment

The Speed Channel gets about the same ratings as Cox 22.

And pretty much all of the Cox games are on ESPN3. And being in Nebraska, you wouldn't have a problem watching them.

Cox sucks. There's no argument there. But the Speed Channel would not be a better replacement.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      What happens to the Big Priest if Fox Sports 1 folds?

I havent seen ratings, but all it seems to be is MMA and big east basketball. Along with more copy cat talk shows.
                      There is another thread on shockernet where some ratngs for Big East basketball games on FS1 were posted. Their ratings are absolutely terrible. We are better off with our 7 or 8 games a year on espn2 with a couple more on espnU then having all of our games on FS1 and FS2.

If I remember one of the posts right, our single game against Tennesee drew a bigger audience then ALL of the Crieighton games combined on FS1 and FS2.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
                        If our administration doesn't take advantage of the Final Four run and #5 ranking to get us out of the freaking Valley, it will be a HUGE opportunity wasted.
                        It is easy to say this, but there is no place to go. The BE is never taking WSU. The AAC doesn't want WSU. WSU is not on the Mountain West radar. So where is the opportunity?

Comment

• The Wichita fans and donors DESERVE a better conference!!! We all know it!!! Wichita St. a.d. should know it too. Something doesn't change in 1-2 years...I can see the Wichita community getting pretty down on the administration for not being more than proactive selling the university to a better conference. The pressure mounts to move with all this success and Wichita St. should have been in a better conference like yesterday!!!
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

And pretty much all of the Cox games are on ESPN3. And being in Nebraska, you wouldn't have a problem watching them.

Cox sucks. There's no argument there. But the Speed Channel would not be a better replacement.
                            The Speed Channel is what became FS1, and Fuel TV is what became FS2. They were both Fox properties before as well. Even if you loathe NECKCAR (me... me!!), both Speed and Fuel were decent channels for gearheads and extreme sports types, respectively. I watched a decent amount of Speed on a given week, as well as some Fuel on a given week, prior to the conversion. I have not watched one iota of FS1 or FS2 since the conversion.

Speed actually used to be called Speedvision before Fox bought it about 10 years ago and turned it into the WT auto racing channel. It was a great channel for non-WT car guys before Fox screwed it up the first time, still at least an option after Fox bought it, and now it is just gone.

[/hijack]

Comment

Yep, Cox sucks because AT&T, Dish, and Direct are beating down the doors to put us on the air.

I think we should pull the games from Cox and ESPN, and let someone else bid for them. Obviously, we are in HUGE demand right now. Why are we settling for such piddly shat?

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                                The Wichita fans and donors DESERVE a better conference!!! We all know it!!! Wichita St. a.d. should know it too. Something doesn't change in 1-2 years...I can see the Wichita community getting pretty down on the administration for not being more than proactive selling the university to a better conference. The pressure mounts to move with all this success and Wichita St. should have been in a better conference like yesterday!!!
                                Might as well quit with the hyperbole. Athletic Directors don't take University to new conference, University Presidents do - so you need to start talking to Bardo.

gain what conference is just waiting for WSU to say we are ready to leave? If it just up to WSU, time to call the B12 commish and tell him we are ready to come home. That will settle the KU/K-state scheduling problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X