That was... immature.
    But factual.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      But factual.
      90% immature, 5% asshole, 4% insecure, 1% factual. Just a low-class comment. Expected, of course, coming from you, but still several orders of magnitude worse than the comment you quoted. I hope you see the irony.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Yeah CBB, It would be nice if this thread was tacked onto this thread https://shockernet.net/forum/showthr...e-Shake-Up-2.0
          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
            I thought CBB promised to quit posting forever during his Adderall-fueled binge?
            After the February meltdown, I stopped posting for a couple weeks (after I stated I would). Since then I've only been slightly active, with a few tournament comments, a political thread, and a little in various places around Shocknet. Look back through my recent posts, and you'll find (with the exception of the political thread), only Shocker-related discussion with a positive outlook.

Even the comment ShockerFever quoted for being attention-seeking was just a jest about the irony of this particular thread turning into the "realignment mega-thread" (though I would actually prefer it to be merged the other thread, as 99% of the posts in this thread have diverged from the original hypothetical talk and would really be better served merging). I'll note, while we are discussing comment histories that the instigator of this drama has done this many times before. You don't have to go back a single page in his comment history to find 5-6 insults and deriding comments.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 05:02 PM.

Comment

It looked to me like you actually started it by drudging up an 8 month old post and quoting it with a weird "See, I told you so...look at the greatness I have created!" tone.

I do wish there was any actual realignment news to discuss. This season's promise masks ominous stormclouds on our horizon if we cannot escape this league of charity seekers.
                You took the words right outta my mouth. Thanks for saving me the breath.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Valley not even viewed a top 10 conference by ESPN:

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
                    Valley not even viewed a top 10 conference by ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post...op-conferences
                    The fact that they include CUSA as a voting option but not the MVC is an absolute joke.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                      The fact that they include CUSA as a voting option but not the MVC is an absolute joke.
                      Holy crap. Who is even left in CUSA? UAB, Southern Miss, and Middle Tennessee?

I'm not certain CUSA is a top 15 conference.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• I saw that a few days ago. I think we've finished outside the Top10 once in the last 15 years or something like that and as high as 5 I believe. But we're still much stronger than CUSA even with the loss of CU.

And the American and BE fans have been voting themselves #1 to inflate their numbers. I've seen the discussions on message boards. It also appears CUSA fans have done that as well but the rest of the country knows they suck.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• At the end of the day, do these fan polls even matter? I understand a desire to increase the profile of the conference, but I don't think these fan polls have any bearing. What happens November through March Matter, not some stupid fan poll in July.
                          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                            At the end of the day, do these fan polls even matter? I understand a desire to increase the profile of the conference, but I don't think these fan polls have any bearing. What happens November through March Matter, not some stupid fan poll in July.
                            In the grand scheme of things, no. But perception does matter and not being included is a blow to the gut. I relate a lot of stuff to recruiting, and while this in itself isn't a big deal, the more you're seen and the more you're seen as a solid option, the better you are and the better chance you have to increase who you're able to recruit.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It looked to me like you actually started it by drudging up an 8 month old post and quoting it with a weird "See, I told you so...look at the greatness I have created!" tone.
                              That was not the intention of the post, but sometimes it is hard to transfer tone through the internet. I don't think making a big thread is really an accomplishment, especially since I haven't really posted in this thread much recently. The post was intended to be humorous, not bragging.

Still, I think my attempt at slight humor was a much better post than ShockerFever's outburst. He is the only poster on these boards I've ever really had a hard time with because of his tendency to turn every little thing into a grudgematch, attacking new Shocker fans along with fans from other teams with near equal veal.

Not trying to make this a pissing contest or anything, just trying to show that ShockerFever has NO moral superiority in this. Nothing in my post warranted his reaction.

Comment

• :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

And the beat goes on...

And don't quit your day job at trying to be "humorous".
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X