No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My vote for head football coach is Tom Landry's hat. Pretty much as likely as anything I've seen so far. ;)
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Chip Kelly is looking to get back into the college game!!
      The Assman

Comment

• Looks like someone might be scared. I would be too.

“We want them to stay,” Elgin said. “They’re critical to our membership. You see WSU come into an arena and there’s an aura about their program."

The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
          Looks like someone might be scared. I would be too.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy
          Yet it seems everything the league does is against WSUs interests.

Comment

• This just in: Elgin spotted at Costco purchasing a pallet of Chapstick! Let the arse kissing commence!

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
              Yet it seems everything the league does is against WSUs interests.
              Exactly. Elgin will talk the talk, but the decisions that are made almost always goes against what WSU is for. Case in point, WSU was heavily for the admittance of DBU, but schools not even involved in baseball voted against them. And some of the schools that had baseball and were against them were because it would increase travel cost and make it harder for them to have success. We have seen it in how they have handled the MVC baseball tournament (host sites and bracket). Unfortunately WSU has sucked much of this period so it really hasn't mattered to the public. In basketball - scheduling mandates eliminated.

The MVC coaches are praying that Marshall leaves because they want everybody to have a equal chance of winning and getting the autobid. They don't want to have to invest (or have the money due to football) to try and elevate their program.

Comment

• I agree with most of this however its not the fact that they don't want to invest its they can't invest because of the lack of financial support.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  I agree with most of this however its not the fact that they don't want to invest its they can't invest because of the lack of financial support.
                  They can at least make it so the majority of Shocker fans aren't behind the basket at the MVC Tournament while ISUR, Drake, ect. Get 50 yard line seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    They can at least make it so the majority of Shocker fans aren't behind the basket at the MVC Tournament while ISUR, Drake, ect. Get 50 yard line seats.
                    But again, it's because they know we will come no matter what. They don't know that other fan bases will so they probably give them better seats hoping that will help get 500 people instead of 100.

Stuff like this ought to also be a part of @Kung Wu:'s master plan. The upper division gets the better seats each year in general and the regular season winner gets the best section or maybe the section of their choosing. :) and they give me my tickets for free. I want that in there too.

Comment

• Yikes.

Attached Files
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• And #2 is Bradley at just over 5k
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Gorilla View Post
                          Steve Spurrier is available for offense and Frank Beamer can handle special teams
                          Frank Caliendo can handle it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                            And #2 is Bradley at just over 5k
                            Bradley is easily the closest in relation to Wichita State in terms of fan support even in bad times. I think it stems from the success of days of yore. It sucks seeing Bradley so down because their fans actually support their program through thick and thin. Love the Gargoyles.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                              This whole football at WSU is probably fantasy, but as for the Parcells posts, this makes sense and, if there is football in our future, an excellent idea.
                              Agree, pipe dream, fantasy world, etc. For the sake off argument however, if football was brought back, Parcells would shoot down an offer to coach (because of age) but may agree to be as some sort of consultant in developing the program and hiring its staff. The time and energy it takes to be a successful coach in college is already mentally and physically taxing, the additional stresses of trying to build up a new program would be even more daunting.

But first things first, if you build it - they will come. I'll start getting my hopes up once we hear/see concrete plans to raze Cessna Stadium and construct a 150 million dollar 45K seat stadium with no infield track.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                                Agree, pipe dream, fantasy world, etc. For the sake off argument however, if football was brought back, Parcells would shoot down an offer to coach (because of age) but may agree to be as some sort of consultant in developing the program and hiring its staff. The time and energy it takes to be a successful coach in college is already mentally and physically taxing, the additional stresses of trying to build up a new program would be even more daunting.

But first things first, if you build it - they will come. I'll start getting my hopes up once we hear/see concrete plans to raze Cessna Stadium and construct a 150 million dollar 45K seat stadium with no infield track.
                                You want to destroy our track facility and then build a stadium with no track? Why would Cessna need to be razed? Supposedly there is room on the east side of campus for a stadium.

Comment

Working...
                                X