No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State last night played one of the very best football games I have seen in 46 years of watching college ball. They were, last night, *easily* the best team I've watched all season, and I'll bet a lot of the selection committee thought so, too. On the season, overall, they played a better schedule than TCU or Baylor by a fair margin, and their loss was early in the year when their freshman 2nd string QB was playing his second college game after Miller's injury. I've no beef at all with OSU being in. (I'd have no real beef with TCU or Baylor, either. You can make good arguments for all three - I'm just making a quick argument for Ohio State here).

Comment

• Fu&$ the "p5". As far as I'm concerned, anybody who pays attention to any of their sports is just helping them shut down the rest of d1 football. When are you people gonna learn? Basketball soon follows.

Comment

• F&$@ the p5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
          F&$@ the p5.
          I'm confused...how do you feel about the p5?

Comment

• Well said about Ohio State, Mr. Seminole. I have no rooting interest in the decision, because my team was already safely in at #1, but when I saw the Ohio State result against Wisconsin, I knew that Baylor and TCU fans had reason to be very nervous, because that was by far the most impressive thing any of the three had done all year.

Baylor scheduled strawmen outside the league; TCU blew its chance to be a clearcut playoff team when they contrived to tank their game against Baylor. Neither has any room to complain. (By the way, for what it's worth, ESPN's pickers -- their committee simulation, in effect -- had a clear majority favoring Ohio State as #4.)

Meanwhile, what this has to do with WSU basketball, I haven't a clue.

Comment

• Seems to me Baylor had a tougher schedule than Ohio St. this year and played higher ranked teams along the way. But I digress...it is what it is. Would the networks rather have Ohio St. or Baylor on tv for the National Championship . All things being equal...who would you (tv) pick? Easy decision for the network.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                I'm confused...how do you feel about the p5?
                Food and Cash At the p5
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  As the options for football schools keep decreasing, the likelihood of adding a basketball only school or two becomes more likely.
                  I see what you're saying and it's an interesting view point. The P5 snatches up every school with a viable football program, leaving the other conferences as basically basketball conferences who also just happen to play crappy football. It might be a scenario that someday works in our favor. However, in the meantime I worry that the likes of North Texas or Western Kentucky will be chosen over WSU simply because they have football, and conferences like the AAC or MWC are "football" conferences in the minds of the decision makers probably until it's painfully obvious they cannot compete with the P5.

Because of that, the A10 or Big East are probably our best options, but we are outliers geographically and institutionally, respectively.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Is the mvc one of the only conferences that has its football league separate from its other sports?

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      Seems to me Baylor had a tougher schedule than Ohio St. this year and played higher ranked teams along the way. But I digress...it is what it is. Would the networks rather have Ohio St. or Baylor on tv for the National Championship . All things being equal...who would you (tv) pick? Easy decision for the network.
                      You're clearly wrong:

Ohio State – 84-60 (10 bowl teams); Wins over #8, #18, and #25. Non-con: Four FBS teams, combined record of 23-23.
                      Baylor – 62-70 (6 bowl teams); Wins over #6 and #11. Non-con: Two FBS teams, combined record of 6-17.

If you want to argue for Baylor, it better be on a different point than schedule strength and "playing higher ranked teams," because those simply are inaccurate. The only comparison Baylor clearly wins is that #11 vs #18 game, but Wisconsin would not be ranked #18 if Ohio State hadn't annihilated them.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                        Is the mvc one of the only conferences that has its football league separate from its other sports?
                        Aren't they technically two different conferences?
                        Originally posted by BleacherReport
                        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                          I believe so. The MVFC even used to have a different name (Gateway). I don't think the MVC and MVFC have anything to do with one another from a business/admin/structural standpoint either.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            I believe so. The MVFC even used to have a different name (Gateway). I don't think the MVC and MVFC have anything to do with one another from a business/admin/structural standpoint either.
                            They share an office, so there has to be some degree of overlap between the two staffs. But technically they are two independent conferences with separate commisioners.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                              Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                              I think this is kind of my point. Isn't the MVC one of the only conferences that is this independent from it's football? Doesn't that sort of mean that the MVC as we know it is a little bit weird? If the MVC has a bunch of football schools that play in an independent league bearing the same name and no other conferences do that, doesn't it seem like it should be changed?

I feel like the MVC and MVFC should just be a football conference and the schools that are not associated with the MVFC, like WSU, Drake, Evansville, Loyola and Bradley should just disband out into the conferences that the other MVFC schools would be getting pulled from. The MVFC actually isn't a bad conference for FCS. And obviously, I would hope that WSU and Bradley could find a way into the right conference, not just where the MVFC schools come from.

I just wonder why the MVC and MVFC are made up this way. Is the MVFC really just the landing ground for a big composite of FCS football schools that play in different conferences for baseball, basketball, volleyball, etc.?

Here is a quick link the the MVFC. http://www.valley-football.org/
                              Last edited by Dave Stalwart; December 8, 2014, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                                I think this is kind of my point. Isn't the MVC one of the only conferences that is this independent from it's football? Doesn't that sort of mean that the MVC as we know it is a little bit weird? If the MVC has a bunch of football schools that play in an independent league bearing the same name and no other conferences do that, doesn't it seem like it should be changed?

I feel like the MVC and MVFC should just be a football conference and the schools that are not associated with the MVFC, like WSU, Drake, Evansville, Loyola and Bradley should just disband out into other conferences. The MVFC actually isn't a bad conference for FCS.

I just wonder why the MVC and MVFC are made up this way. Is the MVFC really just the landing ground for a big composite of FCS football schools that play in different conferences for baseball, basketball, volleyball, etc.?
                                I think that it should be the other way around. Football should be cut loose from current conference affiliation, so that they can form their own conferences and quit effing it up for all of the other sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X