American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
    So we're thinking the announcement will be on Thursday?
    Do you know something? Because I don't. The only day I eliminated was Monday because of the championship game and the introduction of the new women's basketball coach.
    Professional gas passer.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
      I believe I heard that we would be making a move to under armour as a school.
      Under Armour is also what I heard, which is a little disappointing. Maybe we'll be a flagship for them and get some really cool and fresh designs, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
        Under Armour is also what I heard, which is a little disappointing. Maybe we'll be a flagship for them and get some really cool and fresh designs, though.
        Very much this. Never been a fan of under armor.

Comment

They have some big schools: Wisconsin, UCLA, Notre Dame, etc.

They want to be a big time player.
          The Assman

Comment

Nike, Under Armour, Family Dollar, I don't care. I'd just hoe myself out to the highest bidder.
            Professional gas passer.

Comment

• I've heard UA as well. Been told they've made a pretty unique and generous offer. We'll see if that is shown to be factual.

Anyways, we've seemingly been an afterthought to Nike (ordering our stuff from their uniform configurator open to literally anyone willing to place an order), and since Adidas has the propensity to make some hilariously bad unis, then if UA is it - and they actually want WSU - it could end up being a nice move.

Comment

• UA has some good stuff. My favorite Shocker T is UA...of course it's fitted and would look a lot better on me if I was 15 years younger, but it would look good on everyone on the team excepting for Austin and Shaq.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• UA is wanting to carve out a large market and willing to spend what it takes to do so. They have been aggressive at signing those they believe will advance their brand. They are definitely not afraid to think outside the box. They often sign young, unproven talent where they see huge potential (Steph Curry and Jordan Spieth to name two). If we go with UA, they want us. I like that at lot. As it has been noted, we are kind of an afterthought to Nike anyway. I would love to see the Shockers in UA gear.
                  Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
                    Nike, Under Armour, Family Dollar, I don't care. I'd just hoe myself out to the highest bidder.
                    Don't forget DG and DP...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Looking at the AAC teams, there is some dead basketball weight. USF, Tulane, and ECU are awful. They are almost Drake bad! That said, UC and UConn are at the level not seen in the MVC in the last 40 years! Notable exception is WSU. Memphis has recently and historically been fantastic and I would expect that again under Tubby Smith. The rest of the conference is basically UNI. Some very good years, and other years where they are just solid. What a great conference!
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        Looking at the AAC teams, there is some dead basketball weight. USF, Tulane, and ECU are awful. They are almost Drake bad! That said, UC and UConn are at the level not seen in the MVC in the last 40 years! Notable exception is WSU. Memphis has recently and historically been fantastic and I would expect that again under Tubby Smith. The rest of the conference is basically UNI. Some very good years, and other years where they are just solid. What a great conference!
                        Temple and Houston have had much more success than UNI.
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                          True. It's been awhile for Houston and since Chaney left Temple, they've been more UNIesque.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                            When talking success, I think you have to look at more a more recent period first (last 20-25 years). If there's good success recently, then include older success for longevity.

Temple, sort of yes. However, it's been awhile since they've had Dance success. Houston, no. Except for a glitch in 2010 when they won the conference tourney to get in, you have to go back 25 years

Comment

• So, our Uni's and TV coverage could be upgraded with a change to the AAC, what about the nachos at CKA?

Comment

• Originally posted by Triticum aestivum L. View Post
                                So, our Uni's and TV coverage could be upgraded with a change to the AAC, what about the nachos at CKA?
                                ...or the salt lick popcorn in the SASO room.

Comment

Working...
                                X