American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
    I said recent. I meant recent. There's no opinion to be held here. Just facts. Facts say they both have 2 wins in the tournament the last 5 years. Facts also say that UC is a storied better program.
    Depends on your idea of recent. 5 years is WAY to small of a sample IMHO.

Not judging, but are you extremely young?

I am 38 and I would say 10 - 20 years or so would be "recent"

So when I compare "recent" history, Cincy still owns UNI by a lot.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I said recent. I meant recent. There's no opinion to be held here. Just facts. Facts say they both have 2 wins in the tournament the last 5 years. Facts also say that UC is a storied better program.
      You want recent?!?! In the last one season's:

Ranked - UC = 1; UNI = 0
      NCAA Games: UC = 2; UNI = 0
      NCAA Wins: UC = 1; UNI = 0
      Conference: UC = :); UNI = :(
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
        Depends on your idea of recent. 5 years is WAY to small of a sample IMHO.

Not judging, but are you extremely young?

I am 38 and I would say 10-20 years would be "recent"
        I didn't mean to cherry pick. I just didn't have the attention span to look through any more years. I made myself clear when I joined shockernet that I am a newer fan. Feel free to point that out when I don't make any since, like in this case. I'm not trying to put lines in the sand and start bad mouthing UC. I am just pointing out facts. Really, I appreciate UC.

Comment

I didn't mean to cherry pick. I just didn't have the attention span to look through any more years. I made myself clear when I joined shockernet that I am a newer fan. Feel free to point that out when I don't make any since, like in this case. I'm not trying to put lines in the sand and start bad mouthing UC. I am just pointing out facts. Really, I appreciate UC.
          Fair enough. Points have been made.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by blunderbuss View Post
            How do I change my avatar in here? I'm the "ECU guy"
            oh just leave it. It helps us quickly identify who you are! You're welcome here. You're dealing with a highly opinionated group that also doesn't deal well with pretentiousness. I might not have posted a lot but I've read every word shockerfever and Jamar have wrote the last 3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
              so in the last 25 years UNI made 7 NCAAs and UC missed 5.
              Nicely put, mee.

We haven't seen KC Shox recently; do you suppose he's reappeared as mini, or do you think we've just acquired a new troll (at least until the hammer descends)?

Edit: And, wheathead, I just saw your post about Fever and JH4P. Whoa -- you have my profound sympathy. Find that Ignore setting!
              Last edited by WSUwatcher; March 31, 2017, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                Cincy tourney appearances:

1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1966, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

UNI tourney appearances:

1990, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2015, 2016

Even recent, can't really compare
                how is this even a discussion?

Comment

• Let's go with recent, real recent; this year.

UNI: 14-16, kenpom of 169, RPI of 239, unranked, sitting at home in the post-season

UC: 30-6, kenpom of 23, RPI of 12, AP #18, 6 seed in the NCAA tourney

Listen, I have nothing against UNI; I've enjoyed our games over the years, and they're a well-run program that I wish the best, but this is silly.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    how is this even a discussion?
                    Noobs
                    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• There will be a lot of baby hippos coming to join us in this new bigger pond. You big ole males that have been here for years, try not to kill em all off before they have a chance to grow.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        I just have to repeat, I can't be more happy for Gregg and his program.
                        He and his teams simply outgrow whatever conference they are in...

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                          There will be a lot of baby hippos coming to join us in this new bigger pond. You big ole males that have been here for years, try not to kill em all off before they have a chance to grow.
                          Only the strong survive. Just the way it is in the wild. Sorry ;)

Comment

• Last 5 years:
                            UNI 0 at large bids. (possibly 1 worthy but won MVC bid)

UC 5 at large bids.

Comment

If you are who you say you are, don't feel like you aren't welcome. We want all Shocker fans on board. We get trolls on here that are fans of other schools who sneak comments in that seem intended to insult WSU. Some of what you were saying looked kinda like that at times, but you do seem genuine.
                              The AAC is a very good conference. Just one click outside the P5. It's an amazing honor to have risen to the level WSU did in order to secure an invite. The ONLY MVC school in the same ballpark as the AAC schools when it comes to tradition plus current success is WSU. If Bradley puts together a 10-15 year run similar to what WSU has just done, they could pull it off, too, but nobody else. That may seem crazy because Bradley has sucked so bad lately, but it's kinda true. When you try to align schools in a conference, generally you want schools with the same kind of mentailty and investment level in their programs, which can sometimes trump the fleeting recent successes a school like UNI may dangle in front of people... I'm pretty sure UNI was D-2 not long ago. They just have a really good coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                I'm not sure who you are but you are new from March 2017, with 13 posts and all of them are some of the oddest sounding backwards compliments.
                                Stickboy this is why you are a handful. I haven't ticked off anybody yet so I'm still in the clear.

Comment

Working...
                                X