American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Triticum aestivum L. View Post
    So, our Uni's and TV coverage could be upgraded with a change to the AAC, what about the nachos at CKA?
    Yes, nachos too. All of it will be grand!
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Triticum aestivum L. View Post
      So, our Uni's and TV coverage could be upgraded with a change to the AAC, what about the nachos at CKA?
      They will be upgraded to be 12 dollars!

Comment

• AAC should jump the gun on the BXII implosion and add ISU, KSU, OSU, and Baylor or TCU.

Let the rest of the schools figure out what they have to do. KU, Texas, OU will be fine. Texas Tech can join the MWC.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
          This move has been presented as being bigger than just athletics. This move has been presented as important to the university as a whole. I agree. Acknowledge, Appreciate, Celebrate.

Very well done sir.

Comment

• Under Armour has been good to Cincinnati. The contract we signed 2 years ago is 10 years for $47 million -- $11 million in cash and $36 million in equipment.

Detalis of the University of Cincinnati's new deal with Under Armour have been revealed.

Comment

• Unrelated, next year could be a very good year for the AAC if Wichita gets the go-ahead to join immediately... Sporting News has Cincinnati #14 and Wichita State #9 in their "Way-too-early" top 25.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                The AAC has scheduling models already for a 12 team league?
                You don't say huh?

Comment

• I've managed to get my hands on some Royal Salute in anticipation of this announcement.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Aside from the Final Four year....this is the BIGGEST "up" for Wichita and Wichita St. in a couple/few generations!!!!!!!!

Sooooooooooo freakin' proud of my HOMETOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Wait...haven't looked at ANY news yet. Is this official? Is WSU in the AAC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        I'm happy some of our east coast guys are gonna get the chance to play closer to home. This should be a huge boost to our recruiting in those areas. I'm also loving be able to see the Shox at UH and looking forward to an annual trip to Tulane.
                        I look forward to catching some games in Houston with you Dan.

Comment

• Originally posted by TxShox View Post
                          I look forward to catching some games in Houston with you Dan.
                          Count me in.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
                            Wait...haven't looked at ANY news yet. Is this official? Is WSU in the AAC?
                            The way Suellentrop as well as other national rags are reporting, it sounds like it's basically done and they're just finalizing things before an official announcement. Go buy some champagne.

Comment

• This is just me, but I wouldn't expect any word until middle to end of the week at the earliest.

Go Shocks!
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Can't remember if we've addressed this or not. But assuming this AAC thing is a done deal for next year, what's going to happen with WSU and the MVC hosting the NCAA tourney game in Wichita next year? Will the MVC back out? Will we still be able to back out if we get a protected seed?

That's my biggest concern. The MVC backing out and then if we're a protected seed, we'd still be forced to host it which would disqualify us from being able to play in Wichita. Obviously that's a big IF, but it still worries me.

Comment

Working...
                                X