American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
    Does anyone know how long our deal with Nike is? The move to the AAC has got to be worth more money.
    I don't believe (but also don't know) that there is any Nike "money" for WSU. We get free gear. Some of the huge schools get money, but I don't expect that to be us quite yet.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Haven't seen it mentioned much but if you haven't added AD Darron Boatright to your Christmas card list, you should, and you should include something......real nice.

This has been a two year project and he's spearheaded the entire process. I'm not saying someone else couldn't have done it, but he DID do it and deserves not only the credit but our thanks.

Comment

Does anyone know how long our deal with Nike is? The move to the AAC has got to be worth more money.
        Yes, I do.

Be patient. It's up for renewal. This entire process is being handled BEAUTIFULLY.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Yes, I do.

Be patient. It's up for renewal. This entire process is being handled BEAUTIFULLY.
          Marshall was wearing a Nike Elite shirt in the same presser that McDuffie I believe said he wished they had that elite gear. Wonder if that was some Kind of subliminal Message. Maybe the pieces and signs have been before us for a while now.

Things that make you go Hmm.

Comment

• Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
            Memphis got Ole Miss and OU, and Cincinnati got Butler and Iowa State. Those are just two I looked at. Just based o that, I think there is potential to get a 'good' P5 to come to CKA. Maybe 2 after settling in a AAC.
            Last couple of years we had Stanford, Gonzaga and Michigan. USC comes to us this year

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Yes, I do.

PLEASE somebody at least get Rashard a NIKE ELITE shirt. The poor kid is really wanting one!

Comment

I believe I heard that we would be making a move to under armour as a school.
                Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• I'm happy some of our east coast guys are gonna get the chance to play closer to home. This should be a huge boost to our recruiting in those areas. I'm also loving be able to see the Shox at UH and looking forward to an annual trip to Tulane.

Comment

• We need to find a 2018 player from Houston to keep our streak going.
                    78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Ponyuptempo1 View Post
                      Who would have thought SMU would have the most regular season conference wins, as well as conference championships since league inception?
                      That's not going to last long
                      The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        I'm happy some of our east coast guys are gonna get the chance to play closer to home. This should be a huge boost to our recruiting in those areas. I'm also loving be able to see the Shox at UH and looking forward to an annual trip to Tulane.
                        No trip up here to Dallas?
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                          No trip up here to Dallas?
                          wouldn't miss it

Comment

• Baseball wants UA, softball likes Adidas, track likes ?? and basketball (men and women) like NIKE. Going to take a strong AD to tell everyone to get on the same bus, I think DB can do it. NIKE has improved its range of sports the last several years. Got to believe if we go this route we are a NIKE school in the future. Believe baseball can yell for UA when it starts supporting itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
                              Baseball wants UA, softball likes Adidas, track likes ?? and basketball (men and women) like NIKE. Going to take a strong AD to tell everyone to get on the same bus, I think DB can do it. NIKE has improved its range of sports the last several years. Got to believe if we go this route we are a NIKE school in the future. Believe baseball can yell for UA when it starts supporting itself.
                              This is being dealt with and should be addressed with the move if it goes through.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                                If we were to win next year, it would be 3 straight outside of the P5 cartel, and going back to UCONN, it would be 4 out of 5.
                                True, Heinro -- good point. I've obviously been so mesmerized by the Big East hype machine that I forgot Villanova wasn't a P5er. Nice observation about Connecticut, too, because that would give the AAC two championships in five seasons. The league would be asking the rest of college hoops, "Who's your daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                                X