American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    We, most of us I think, believe the announcement will be for 2017/2018. Hopefully Tuesday. If we're wrong, I suggest a 12 month absence from Shockernet. It won't be pretty.
    I really doubt the announcement is Tuesday. They will not want to compete with sports radio discussing the championship game, opening day, and .......wrestlemania. Plus, many AAC ADs and some AAC presidents will be traveling back from Final Four. I just don't see it happening before Thursday.
    '88-'89 Shocker Hellraisers Fan of the Year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
      In reality, you think they'll look for a smaller venue? Municipal Auditorium in KC will be big enough now.
      FYI Municipal holds about 10k for basketball. Smaller than the 22k at Scottrade, but hardly small.
      I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerInKC View Post
        FYI Municipal holds about 10k for basketball. Smaller than the 22k at Scottrade, but hardly small.
        it'd work well then.

Comment

• My local source here at Ground Zero (Final Four) says announcement coming later next week and doesn't just include Wichita St. Quite unexpectedly to my surprise my source says they are finalizing deals to move both Missouri St. and Loyala of Chicago to the AAC as well and bringing on Doug Elgin as Co-Commissioner.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
            My local source here at Ground Zero (Final Four) says announcement coming later next week and doesn't just include Wichita St. Quite unexpectedly to my surprise my source says they are finalizing deals to move both Missouri St. and Loyala of Chicago to the AAC as well and bringing on Doug Elgin as Co-Commissioner.
            Happy April 1st.
            You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
              Happy April 1st.
              You got me!!! Lol
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerInKC View Post
                my son played in the NAIA national tourney there one year...there were birds flying in the rafters.

Comment

• You guys. Gonzaga is gonna win a title and we are gonna join the AAC in the same week.

Comment

• Welcome to the conference! SMU fans are excited for WSU to join the AAC to help offset a team like UConn dragging down our RPI. Who would have thought SMU would have the most regular season conference wins, as well as conference championships since league inception?

Comment

• And then next year when the Shocks win, it'll be two in a row for schools outside the P5 cartel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ponyuptempo1 View Post
                        Welcome to the conference! SMU fans are excited for WSU to join the AAC to help offset a team like UConn dragging down our RPI. Who would have thought SMU would have the most regular season conference wins, as well as conference championships since league inception?
                        Haha I love this post so much

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                          my son played in the NAIA national tourney there one year...there were birds flying in the rafters.
                          I remember when WSU played at Kansas Coliseum birds where flying up top too.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                            And then next year when the Shocks win, it'll be two in a row for schools outside the P5 cartel.
                            If we were to win next year, it would be 3 straight outside of the P5 cartel, and going back to UCONN, it would be 4 out of 5.

Comment

• It's a done deal, expect announcement this week.
                              Shox-4-Life

Comment

• Does anyone know how long our deal with Nike is? The move to the AAC has got to be worth more money.
                                Professional gas passer.

Comment

Working...
                                X