American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bearcat_Bounce View Post
    SMU and Cincinnati are the best. Cincinnati currently has a 25 game home winning streak, I believe 2nd longest in the nation. SMU has lost I think 2 league games at home the last 3 years.
    Thank you, very impressive! That would be such an improvement...

Comment

• Originally posted by IdahoShocker View Post
      For someone who hasn't followed the AAC closely, who has the best home team advantage? Guessing perhaps Cincy?
      In terms of attendance here is how the AAC finished in 2016 (along with Wichita State):

Memphis: 12,028
      Wichita State: 10,805
      UConn: 10,413
      Cincinnati: 9,415
      SMU: 6,907
      Temple: 6,373
      Tulsa: 4,745
      UCF: 4,513
      ECU: 4,444
      Houston: 3,705
      S. Florida: 3,098
      Tulane: 1,799

Conference totals per game average:
      AAC without WSU: 6,291
      AAC with WSU: 6,623

MVC with WSU: 5,210
      MVC without WSU: 4,615

This doesn't even count the fact that WSU's road MVC games also inflate MVC numbers.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• I wonder how the 2018 first round games at iba are affected by all of this. Could that potentially cause an issue with a potential move for next season?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
          I wonder how the 2018 first round games at iba are affected by all of this. Could that potentially cause an issue with a potential move for next season?
          I'm guessing we host solo.

Comment

• Interesting article by Todd Golden (it's old):

Think he might be completely ignoring UNO. But those are probably the best candidates for Valley expansion when we leave. Has to make sense geographically, and any addition(s) have to really be willing to invest. Because it really is coming to Psalm 23:4 times in the Valley.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Home Schedule:

Memphis, SMU, Tulane, Tulsa, Houston, UCONN, Temple, East Carolina

Away:

Memphis, SMU, Tulane, Tulsa, Houston, Cincinnati, Central Florida, South Florida

I can live with that.
              I can't, don't think I can survive without our trip to Evansville
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Home Schedule:

Away:

Memphis, SMU, Tulane, Tulsa, Houston, Cincinnati, Central Florida, South Florida

I can live with that.
                In a split division conference like this that would be a potential two more OOC games in a 31 game (27 games + 4 exempt) regular season, no? An opportunity to go on the road for a biggie or pick up a couple of H/H games to get some more good win chances.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  For basketball IBA has a capacity of 15,004 I believe. Plus Section 104, on of the lower bowl center sections, may be largely subject to the rights of premium seating patrons. In any case, the one attempt they made to map Koch Arena seating over to IBA seating appeared to go over like a lead balloon. Not to mention that many of the prime location ticket owners in Koch Arena are kind of fond of their parking privileges for Koch Arena games.
                  If IBA wants to have more home basketball games, they may have to renegotiate premium seating patrons.

Comment

Home Schedule:

Away:

I can live with that.
                    We currently (with 11 members) play 8 teams H&H and 2 teams only once. With a 12th member, we'd probably just switch it to 7 teams H&H and 4 teams only once. I hope we aren't going to add Wichita for us to only play once a year.

Comment

• 596+

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat_Bounce View Post
                        We currently (with 11 members) play 8 teams H&H and 2 teams only once. With a 12th member, we'd probably just switch it to 7 teams H&H and 4 teams only once. I hope we aren't going to add Wichita for us to only play once a year.
                        Once a year would feel like a massive improvement to us
                        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                          If IBA wants to have more home basketball games, they may have to renegotiate premium seating patrons.
                          Screw IbA, Bardo is a master fundraiser. Let's break ground on the new Lynn Marshall Arena!

Comment

• With 12 teams, my guess is there would be 2 divisions, H/H with the teams in your division and 3 away and 3 home alternating every year with the teams in the opposite division. Unless you want 22 conference games .Double round robin.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                              Screw IbA, Bardo is a master fundraiser. Let's break ground on the new Lynn Marshall Arena!
                              We need her to lead the student section

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                                Or at the very least they all already know how the schools will vote even if the official vote hasn't taken place yet.
                                I would not be surprised if it is a unanimous vote when the vote actually happens. Even if you oppose the move (cough, Loyola), it is better for the conference if it looks unanimous.

Comment

Working...
                                X