No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would have to imagine that a new conference might entice donors to open their pockets a little more for infrastructure upgrades.
    Professional gas passer.

Comment

• I would still take H/H with any regularly +100 RPI Valley team. I don't want us to get all Creighton about this.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• ISUr, UNI, Creighton...bring em on. I also like beating MSU.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
          In terms of attendance here is how the AAC finished in 2016 (along with Wichita State):

Memphis: 12,028
          Wichita State: 10,805
          UConn: 10,413
          Cincinnati: 9,415
          SMU: 6,907
          Temple: 6,373
          Tulsa: 4,745
          UCF: 4,513
          ECU: 4,444
          Houston: 3,705
          S. Florida: 3,098
          Tulane: 1,799

Conference totals per game average:
          AAC without WSU: 6,291
          AAC with WSU: 6,623

MVC with WSU: 5,210
          MVC without WSU: 4,615

This doesn't even count the fact that WSU's road MVC games also inflate MVC numbers.
          The top half of the league is solid. But let me guess, Tulane is the Loyola of the AAC.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            How is it determined which teams you play once and which you play twice?
            Not sure the particulars but it's basically done for TV to make sure the networks (ESPN and CBS) get the maximum number of best games. I believe we are guaranteed at least 2 main CBS games (they've been before the MVC Championship games and in late Feb) and a certain number of Thursday night 7:00pm/9:00pm ESPN or ESPN2 games. All the top schools are pretty much guaranteed to play each other twice. We've played UConn, SMU, and Temple (but not Memphis for some reason) twice each season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
              The top half of the league is solid. But let me guess, Tulane is the Loyola of the AAC.
              USF is.
              Professional gas passer.

Comment

• Reminder that the Loyolas of the AAC are coached by former NBA Coach of the Year Mike Dunleavy and Brian Gregory. The conference isn't comprised of 20% of coaches being MVC retreads.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  Reminder that the Loyolas of the AAC are coached by former NBA Coach of the Year Mike Dunleavy and Brian Gregory. The conference isn't comprised of 20% of coaches being MVC retreads.
                  It helps when even conference game is nationally televised by ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNEWS, ESPNU, CBSSN or CBS!

Comment

• Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
                    USF is.
                    USF is the Drake of the AAC.
                    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                      I would still take H/H with any regularly +100 RPI Valley team. I don't want us to get all Creighton about this.
                      Completely agree. I hope we don't become scheduling snobs. It can be a crap shoot scheduling MVC schools with decent RPI's a few years out, but hopefully schools like UNI and Bradley stay/become competitive enough to remain on our schedule at least semi-regularly. With that said, if we ever--EVER--schedule Drake, Loyola, or Evansville OOC I will throw myself from the nearest cliff.
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
                        We need her to lead the student section
                        on a THRONE
                        For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                        - said no one ever...

Comment

Completely agree. I hope we don't become scheduling snobs. It can be a crap shoot scheduling MVC schools with decent RPI's a few years out, but hopefully schools like UNI and Bradley stay/become competitive enough to remain on our schedule at least semi-regularly. With that said, if we ever--EVER--schedule Drake, Loyola, or Evansville OOC I will throw myself from the nearest cliff.
                          I have always wanted Cincinnati to get the top MVC teams on our schedule, but it never happens for some reason.

Comment

• Also, just want to mention how excited I am that this may finally be happening. There are so many benefits to both sides that the only way this isn't happening is if our TV partners stop it -- which would make no sense to me, but I don't make the big bucks.

Comment

• UNI is only good for 2 years every 4 years. ISUr has been solid but next year will be the real test. Lusk is a joke. There are no MVC teams that deserve anything more than a buy game at this point.

Comment

at least you, @Rocky Mountain Shock:, won't have very far to walk if that happens. :smile-new:

Comment

Working...
                                X