American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bearcat_Bounce View Post
    Also, would you guys play Cincinnati and UConn at the bigger arena in town?
    I think it would definitely be a possibility. I could see tickets for Cincinnati, UCONN or SMU at Koch Arena running into three figures.

Comment

In the past, the downtown arena has been reserved for a Big name out of conference foe and was not part of the season ticket package. I think if we did move downtown for conference mates Cincinnati and UConn, it would have to be part of the package. It gets difficult because season tickets are 10000+ in a round arena vs 16000 in a square arena. Cinci and UConn are certainly of the caliber that would have gotten a game there in the past.
      Livin the dream

Comment

I can't foresee giving up a true home game, but Gregg does think outside the box, so who knows?

Comment

• I think UConn has passed on their opportunity to not have to play at CKA.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
            http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article139945788.html

And that's what makes Paul Suellentrop THE man!

Comment

Possible, but I doubt it. In general we play 1 game a year there in the out of conference, but, while the additional seating capacity is part of it, a main reason for doing so is that many teams flat out refuse to play in Koch arena and it is the only way to get a "home" game with them. I don't see us giving up our home court advantage (Koch is a tough place to play) for conference games where schools can't refuse to play on our home floor, especially since working out seating for season ticket holders at Intrust has always been contentious.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• For someone who hasn't followed the AAC closely, who has the best home team advantage? Guessing perhaps Cincy?

Comment

• Home Schedule:

Memphis, SMU, Tulane, Tulsa, Houston, UCONN, Temple, East Carolina

Away:

Memphis, SMU, Tulane, Tulsa, Houston, Cincinnati, Central Florida, South Florida

I can live with that.

Comment

• Why play downtown when we can get ya in the "friendly" confines of Koch Arena. Honestly though, while it COULD happen. Usually that arena is reserved to get teams that will play us in Wichita, just won't agree to play in Koch Arena. Conference goes won't have any say.

However, Marshall does enjoy it. And Cincy and UConn is a good draw. So you just never know :)
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by IdahoShocker View Post
                      For someone who hasn't followed the AAC closely, who has the best home team advantage? Guessing perhaps Cincy?
                      SMU and Cincinnati are the best. Cincinnati currently has a 25 game home winning streak, I believe 2nd longest in the nation. SMU has lost I think 2 league games at home the last 3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Home Schedule:

Memphis, SMU, Tulane, Tulsa, Houston, UCONN, Temple, East Carolina

Away:

Memphis, SMU, Tulane, Tulsa, Houston, Cincinnati, Central Florida, South Florida

I can live with that.
                        That would be a good enough schedule to land a 9 seed if we don't lose more than one.....

Obviously I am kidding and taking a jab at the committee. ;)
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

SMU and Cincinnati are the best. Cincinnati currently has a 25 game home winning streak, I believe 2nd longest in the nation. SMU has lost I think 2 league games at home the last 3 years.
                          Finally. Competition!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            I think UConn has passed on their opportunity to not have to play at CKA.
                            But what about if we agreed to find the 3 refs at the tourney many moons ago during the JT Durley days when they were #1 and had the advantage of around 44-14 on throws and still did not win by much. That was painful to watch but we have come leaps and bounds since those days.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              In the past, the downtown arena has been reserved for a Big name out of conference foe and was not part of the season ticket package. I think if we did move downtown for conference mates Cincinnati and UConn, it would have to be part of the package. It gets difficult because season tickets are 10000+ in a round arena vs 16000 in a square arena. Cinci and UConn are certainly of the caliber that would have gotten a game there in the past.
                              For basketball IBA has a capacity of 15,004 I believe. Plus Section 104, on of the lower bowl center sections, may be largely subject to the rights of premium seating patrons. In any case, the one attempt they made to map Koch Arena seating over to IBA seating appeared to go over like a lead balloon. Not to mention that many of the prime location ticket owners in Koch Arena are kind of fond of their parking privileges for Koch Arena games.

Comment

Honestly, I doubt it, at least considering how we currently use the strategy. We use that as a draw for bigger OOC opponents. Though, that's more necessary in our current state and could change with UCONN/CINCI/SMU in the mix regularly.

Comment

Working...
                                X